CHAPTER III

(The author will write in english from this point but keep in mind that the characters are in Japan and they are speaking otherwise)

Yuuji was the youngest and the third son of the kitsune's royal family with three sons. He was living for six hundred years and acquired five tails. His human form is similar to that of a seventeen year old boy with the difference of having shining silver hair and fox's ears that wiggles when he heard something unusual.

He has lived his life in the safety of their mansion at the other side of Mount Haku and tomorrow he will be the luckiest kitsune in their kingdom because he's going to marry the most beautiful kitsune that ever lived-- Katsumi. She was a hundred years older than Yuuji and every male kitsune in the pack wants to marry her, but Katsumi has eyes only for Yuuji. He was a prince, but his bravery and leadership qualities separates him from other kitsune royalty. Katsumi was bethroned to Yuuji's older brother Minori before, but because Yuuji had manage to complete the necessary diamonds her family was asking as dowry, it was Yuuji who won her hand.

"I can't wait for tomorrow, can we arrange the ceremony today?" Yuuji asked, his voice mixed with impatience and excitement.

Toshi, his older brother, laughs together with the other servants. "You waited for five hundred years brother, and yet you're acting like a child now?"

Yuuji glared at him. "Is my pearlof life ready Hiro? My suit for tomorrow? Has it been ironed and poured in fragrant oils? The invitations?"

"Everything's prepared Yuuji-sama" Hiro answered. He was the family butler and the one in charged for the wedding ceremony.

"Make sure there will be a sunshower during the ceremony!"

"Yes, Yes Yuuji-sama."

Toshi couldn't help but laugh more. "Some of the neighboring deities will be here tomorrow so you better behave yourself."

"Look who's talking!" Yuuji replied. He was excited like he never have been in his entire life.

----

"Hono-chan, come here child."

"A moment Ojii-san!"

Honoree finished setting the tea set before she lift the tray and carefully walk to the chachitsu, a small room built for the purpose of holding tea ceremony. Her mother knows that Takao loves tea and she make sure to send small boxes of high class assorted tea flavors along with Honoree's allowance every month. Honoree prepared her favorite flavor this afternoon, earl grey with a hint of bergamot orange.

It became a routine for Honoree, sitting next to her grandfather in zabuton* and serving him as much as tea as he likes. They would watched the sun sets from afar and without realizing it they have stayed until the sky was dark. When Takao feels like it, he would challenge Honoree in a chess match but unfortunately, he never for once defeated her. Sometimes he would tell her stories when he was at her age and he enjoy watching Honoree's changing expressions more than the stories he remembered. But today, he plans to talk to her about her family.

"You're having a new sister..."

Honoree stops momentarily from filling his cup. A new sister? How many are they now? On her mother's side, she had two brothers. On her father's side, she had two brothers and two sisters and a new girl will arrive in a few months.

"Good to hear that." she murmured. Living for four years in a traditional japanese way, Honoree learned how reserve pure japanese people are. They will try to be as polite as they can be when it comes to a conversation. Speaking what she really thinks and feels, like she always do back in France can be considered a rude behavior, so she just forced a smile and took a sip from her tea. She ran her thumb on the carvings of her cup. "Though it will be great if I'm going to meet them one day." she chuckles.