CHAPTER XI

The days had gone by with Honoree getting accustomed living with kistsune spirits. Queen Aki grew fond of her since she doesn't have a daughter of her own. She brings Honoree around when she meets her friends and attends tea parties. King Takano, on the other hand, brought Honoree to his games and baseball exhibitions. The ladies cheering for the team taught her how to swing her hips to this side and to that and within four days, Honoree mastered every cheering mantra the ladies uses.

One morning, Kenta woke Honoree up and informed her that Minori's birthday party will be held that evening. He asked Honoree's help in baking cupcakes for the guests. Honoree gladly offered her hand to the task.

"Minori-sama was the most reserved kitsune spirit on this kingdom. I just wished he find this cupcakes to his liking." Kenta said.

Honoree ponders his remark and remembered her first meeting with Minori. He only nods at her at the dining hall and she realized that he is indeed a private one because she rarely see him inside the mansion.

"He usually spends his days on his room, reading books and writing stories." Kenta continues.

"That makes me wonder what gift will I give to him, its not like you have gift stores around here."

"Anything will be fine Ojou-sama. Minori-sama will appreciate anything."

Keeping that in mind, Honoree sets off to spend the afternon at the garden. She asked the girls at the kitchen for a small empty basket and ribbon. Uncle Hideki's wife had taught her in making ikebana before and she thinks giving Minori one will do as a gift.

Meanwhile, Yuuji heard from Hiro that Kohaku, the one who specialized in breaking vows, had fallen ill during his vacation. He's staying somewhere in Okinawa and he refuse to accept any work for the following months.

"Just bear with it Yuuji-sama." Hiro advised.

Yuuji can only sigh as an answer. He tried making it up with Katsumi but everytime he visits her, her parents would just say that she doesn't want to talk to anyone yet. He grew up with Katsumi and during the hundred years he was gathering the necessary diamonds as dowry for their marriage, he never doubt her feelings for her. Yuuji knew that Katsumi is the right girl for him. How can she not be? Thhey came from the same world, she has a good family, she's beautiful and intelligent, she cooks well and everyone believes she's going to be a good wife for him. But then Honoree came and he notice that his family and the people on the kingdom had welcomes her as if she's one of their own. Yuuji began to realize that Honoree is stirring up an emotion in him that he never felt before. He watches her from the balcony of their room as she walks to the garden with a small basket in her arm. Honoree carefully examines the flowers before cutting their stem like she's afraid to hurt them and just throw away the wrong flower. Yuuji remembers her words to Toshi during their walk to his favorite sakura tree. Im different, she said it with a voice that seems to be coming straight from the pit of her heart and the sound of it echoes in Yuuji's thoughts. He thinks she's clumsy, annoying, thickheaded and proud at times but even though she ruined his wedding with Katsumi, he knows that he couldn't really hate her. What is it then? Did he feel sad for her? Pity? He couldn't figure out yet what is it that made his heart leap when Honoree said that they should not be apart and so he intends to discover it before Kohaku gets well and ends their unintentional marriage.

That night, Honoree and Yuuji saw each other at their bedroom. Matsuko was fixing Honoree's hair into a bun when Yuuji glance at her in the mirror.

"Yuuji-san, do you have a gift for Minori-san?" Honoree asked.

Yuuji notices the small basket of flowers at the table. "You already arrange that one for him so why would I bother?"

"Okay. I feel like its best if we give him that gift as one."