CHAPTER XXIV

The night had been difficult for Honoree. She keep finding herself in constant waking state, looking every now and then on the couch, worrying where Yuuji had spent the night. He was angry, and Honoree couldn't blame him. She wanted to keep him as a friend, and at the same time, she knows that it will be painful to be just a friend to the person you fall in love with. She can barely give a thought to Katsumi's proposal for she dreaded the upcoming daylight, and it's not like Katsumi had given her choices to make.

Too tired to stroll around and yet too awake to stay in bed, Honoree gets up when the sun light flooded their room. She took a warm bath and wore a flower printed dress under a thin leather jacket. She combed her hair and let it loose behind before packing up her bag. She will go home later and have her normal life back. Tomorrow, she will go back to school and pretend that everything that happened to her are nothing but dreams. Dreams that her mind came up with to let her experience some adventures.

The knocking on the door pulled her out of her thoughts. Kenta appeared and smiles at her.

"Good morning Ojou-sama!"

Honoree took a deep breath and composed herself. "Good morning Kenta-kun." She felt a wave of sadness knowing that it may be her last time greeting Kenta like she did. He has always been like a little brother to her, despite the fact that he's a hundred years older than she is.

"Queen Aki and King Takano arrived last night," he began. "King Takano decided to cancel their one month vacation in order to spend more time with you here. After breakfast, they are also expecting you to join them in a family meeting."

"A family meeting?"

'I know it's a bit sudden Ojou-sama, but Yuuji-sama wants to talk with all of us. I think it's serious, the last time he called for a meeting is when he asked Katsumi-san's hand in marriage."

Honoree felt a sudden punch-like pain in the guts. Did Katsumi-san told him about her plans?

They walked together to the dining hall as Honoree felt her hands going numb in every the second that passed by. I don't want to go home yet. She shut her eyes to pushed back that little voice telling her to refuse Katsumi's offer, convincing herself that its for the best if everything ended the way Katsumi wants to. They will have a happy ending and she will leave with the pain, just like she did before.

Yuuji was her first love. And he might be her last.

Queen Aki was standing at the lobby when they reached downstairs. She squeals when she saw Honoree. "I've missed you Hono-chan! I brought you new sets of kimonos. I'll have it in your room later, there is this red one that I really think will fits you. I want you to wear it tomorrow, at my friend's, Oh! Our friend's tea party. Yumi, do you remember her? The one with the short hair... Hono-chan? You look pale. Is there something wrong?" She patted Honoree's cheeks and turned to Kenta.

"No, My Queen." Honoree noticed Queen Aki's sudden changed of expression. "There is nothing wrong. The kimonos, it's very kind of you. But the tea party tomorrow---"

She was interrupted by Katsumi's shriek from upstairs. "Queen Aki! I'm glad you're back!" She run and cheerfully embraces the Queen.

"Katsumi," Queen Aki said, eyes wide in surprise. "You look absolutely bright, dear."

"I am My Queen, Hono-chan will do us a favor today." Katsumi looked at Honoree and grin. "You will know later, Yuuji-sama himself will announce it."

Honoree's question had found an answer. Katsumi talked to Yuuji and he approved her plan. She felt her knees getting weak. She will ask Yuuji to talk to her alone later so she can apologize for all the troubles she had cause him. And at least, to say her goodbyes.