I | The Gods

Being the son of the god of deceit didn't really help with Jungkook's childhood. The others would think of him as if every word he muttered were pure trickery, which wasn't true.

He had grown up having a minimum number of friends, but a huge amount of admirers. Yes, goddesses would kill for bad boys these days.

However, he never grew a fond of those girls.

He had a few friends - namely Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, and Bambam. He limited his friends, knowing that the others were the real one that can and will deceit him.

There on Mt. Olympus, you would think that everything's all holy and stuff. However, the gods and goddesses have adapted to modern times, a tiny bit more advanced than humans, too.

Jungkook thought that it's a complete pain in the ass to continue living in his parents' house. And so, he lived with his hyungs ever since. BTS as they would call themselves for an unknown reason.

They were a group of gods to die for. Even if some of them were the sons of not the top twelve gods that is, they still piqued the interest of many. At this point, who on Mt. Olympus wouldn't know them?

Let us take a look on what's happening in the boys' dorm, yeah?

"I have had it!" Jin grumbled, massaging his temples to calm himself down. He looked at the mess before him. At times like this, he questioned if he was really the god of beauty, adornment and etcetera or was he a maid in this dormitory.

Namjoon placed his wine onto the kitchen table, sighing as he knew what would come next. And so, to refrain that from happening, he decided to scold the boys beforehand.

"Alright, what happened here?" Namjoon asked.

"Jimin threw a party last night," Taehyung calmly answered, sipping on his tea as he read a book that his mother had given her - it was all what he needed to know for the duties of being the god of the night. His mother will soon turnover this position to him, and so he wanted to do well.

Jin's ears were already turning red, not believing his dorm-mates. "I was gone for two days - I repeat, two days - and I find this place chaos? How could you let Jimin throw a party? You all know how wild that rascal is when it comes to those certain events!" Jin scolded.

Alas, Namjoon didn't get to do anything about it. And so, he grabbed his wine glass and continued drinking his daily energy drink.

"I was at the sun," Hoseok shrugged. But of course, he needs to be there. He needs to make sure that the sun will shine for the humans for at least - a couple billion more years, just until he gets married and have kids.

Jin turned towards Jungkook, his eyes asking for an explanation.

"I don't frankly care," Jungkook spat out, continuing to tie his shoes. "I was out last night, preventing the trickery my parents have been doing. And also, I've been on Earth, hunting a bit, too."

Taehyung turned towards him, arching an eyebrow. "We're all proud that we raised you well, Guk-ah. However, don't you think you're violating your parents' principles? You're the god of deceit, why are you turning things around?"

Jungkook eyed Taehyung, pausing for a moment. He gave him an icy stare, sighing. "I am not the god of deceit, and I will never be like my parents - if anyone could even call them my parents. I will not trick the innocent, okay?"

Namjoon bit his bottom lip, reminiscing the consequences for the younger's actions. Sure, he has done good. But he is the god of deceit for crying out loud, he will face certain consequences for not abiding his duty.

Yoongi was the next one to explain, and he calmly looked at Jin. "I'm the god of sleep, relaxation and hallucinations," Yoongi shortly explained, already earning the nods of others.

That was explainable.

"Can you make that fella wake up?" Hoseok asked, pointing onto the drunk and sleeping Jimin on the floor, half-naked. But of course, he must had some sex last night as well.

Yoongi groaned. They all thought he was going to use his powers or something. But instead, he kicked the lad onto his groin, earning a loud groan. Jimin jolted up, wincing in pain.

He looked up, suddenly smiling. "O-oh hi hyungs . . . hehe . . . didn't know you'd all be back early," he scratched his nape.

"We are going to talk later, Jimin. How about you, Taehyung? Where were you at?" Jin tapped his foot.

Taehyung calmly closed his book, removing his specs as well. "My family were having troubles with the night sky. All stars have seem to vanquish last night, and so mother and I asked Uncle Poseidon to coordinate with the god of clouds to make it rain, just to cover up for the sudden conflict."

They all started to look at each other. Hoseok began to ask, "Why did all the stars vanquish? Are Aunt Asteria and Uncle Perses (the gods of the stars) alright?"

Taehyung shook his head. "There seems to be a problem running in their family, and so they will introduce their child as the new god of the stars. I need to coordinate with their child, since we will be working together in the near future, just like what mom and Aunt Asteria."

Jimin wiggled his eyebrows, nudging Taehyung. "Is it a goddess?" he asked.

The boys started to groan how flirtatious Jimin could be. Seriously, now. "Unfortunately, I don't have much information whether the new god is a she or a he. All I know is, the new god will be arriving later, and will be introduced next week at the annual reunion."

"Well, if it is a goddess, you know where to find me--oof!" Jimin was cut of when Jin stepped on his precious foot.

"How about you, Namjoon? Where were you last night?" Jin authoritatively asked.

"In my defense, I was helping the daughter of Hades last night with the resurrections and all. She kinda caused trouble, not meaning to kill a mortal. I asked Yoongi hyung to help as well, hallucinations and all," Namjoon explained.

"Daughter of Hades?" Jimin muttered. Jungkook couldn't help but glance at Jimin because of this. Jimin started to cackle, "Are we seriously going to address that hottie as that? Not by her real name?"

"We're all immortals here but do you want to die?" Yoongi arched an eyebrow. "I swear, you can feel your spine chill once you utter her name."

"Woah, is that for real?" Hoseok gasped, amused. "So if you really utter her name, you can really feel that? That's awesome. Is she that scary?"

"She isn't the daughter of Hades for nothing," Jin told them. "I don't think it's necessary to talk about the daughter of a powerful god--"

"An extremely good-looking daughter of a powerful god," Jimin corrected.

Jin rolled his eyes at this. "Anyway, it isn't necessary to talk about--"

"Lalisa," Jungkook uttered out of nowhere.

Everyone fell silent, heads turning towards him. They couldn't believe that he actually dared to utter that name.

Jungkook stood up, finally finishing to make himself presentable. "What? I didn't feel my spine chill."

Everyone gawked in awe, even Yoongi did. His spine didn't chill? That's impossible!

Jungkook shrugged, checking the time on his wristwatch. "I'm meeting up with Bam, I'll be back before dinner."

Jungkook took his leave, exiting the dormitory, closing the door behind him.

For a brief moment, Jungkook swore that they forgot what he was a god for. There were times that he was thankful to be the god of deceit - and it was at times like this.

His spine actually chilled uttering her name, and he pretended that it did not.

How's the first chapter? :)))