28

Tunisa

She's truly beautiful, ravishing in her own ways.

I watched the woman strode along the open field, her faded blue dress and long ginger hair dances with the wind.

If I would to describe beautiful, this is what it should look like.

I know it was her. This woman was my mother.

But why does every time I dream of her she doesn't seem to recognize me? and every time I wake up, her face has been completely erased from my mind.

She was humming.

A hum I knew so well.

I listened to it when I was younger, when she would cradle me to sleep. There's me, my mother and her stories of a boy, quite older than I which she pertains to as my brother. Mother said that boy has a flaring ginger hair too and I'd wish nothing at that moment but to only meet my brother.

Now my head is starting to throb.

'You're in a dream. You're in a dream.' I reminded myself.

Within a glimpse the woman was gone.

I spun around, trying to find her in the vast open field.

There wasn't a trace of her! where did she went? In my previous dreams she would slowly vanish, not quickly like this.

Suddenly, I heard a desperate wail.

Where is it coming from?

I run and run and run but the open field appears to extend beyond the horizon.

I hear chantings getting louder.

There was an uproar, people are cursing, crying, praising.

'Burn her to the ground!'
'Let her ashes disperse with the wind!'
'Kill her before the sun rise!'
'Offer her damned spirit to the golden goddess!'
'Kill her and every living who defends her!'
'Burn her! Burn her! Burn her!'

These souls are angry!

The wailing continued. The sounds became overwhelming that I can't stand it anymore so I covered my ears and knelt on the ground.

Until everything stopped.

Gradually I stood up and to my dismay there was still nothing but an open field.

Then, from afar I see my mother, she was standing very distant from me that she almost looked like an apparition.

But something is off...her back! her back is burning!

The flames are getting bigger and bigger while she just stood still.

"Mother!" I cried out and ran towards her.  Every step I take leads me further away from her.

"Mother what happened to you?" I cried out in despair, she has to hear me God! she has to know that her daughter is waiting for her!

"What have they done to you!?" my tears started to spring from my eyes

I watch her burning and I can't do anything!

My body slumped on a quicksand.

The next thing I knew, I was already buried underground, the quicksand welcomed me with open arms

The particles around me changes, now all I could see was a clear blue water.

I tried to swim deeper until blue turned darker.