24

The day had finally came. It was 4 in the morning and we were sat on opposite sides of the bed throwing grapes at each other, trying to catch them in our mouths. Other than our sleep-deprived outbursts of laughter, the hospital halls were silent. That was until Ache woke up, a sharp intake of breath notifying us.

I clicked the button by the bed to call for some nurses. Almost immediately three or four nurses burst into the room, checking that Ache is in a stable condition.

"I told you she'd be fine, she's stronger than anyone I know."

"Thank you for staying here with me the whole time, you're the best father and boyfriend I know."

"I promised you that I'd be here so I was.  I saw how you were when they told us she was in a coma, I'm not going to leave you to deal with this alone."

"We need to let people know. Friends, family and fans." I pulled my phone out of my pocket and messaged my family whilst Simon messaged his. "Leave the fans for now actually, let's do it in a video, as soon as we get out of here."

"You should be out of here tomorrow. We need to run a few scans and Achelois should be ready to leave."

"Thank you so much for all your help."

"I'm just doing my job."

02/04/20