t h r e e

I sat there, silently listening to the music tapping my fingers on my legs. This was awkward, I didn't know what to say. Logan was driving, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel and singing along with the music. I said yes, after two days of him begging me to come with him I said I would. Of course I didn't tell Nick, he wouldn't let me go in a million years. He's always saying 'all men are the same', when he is one of them as well.

Logan seemed to don't mind the silence, I would rather say he kind of enjoyed it. He had a little peaceful smile on his face and it was kind of cute. We didn't talk much, when he picked me up, of course not in front of my house, we had a little basic talk. After that we said a few words and that was it.

We pulled up on the parking lot, Logan gave me a quick smile before getting out of the car. I did the same and walked a little faster to catch up with him. "Small legs I see." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"You've seen Nick, don't act like this is a surprise." Nick was small, but I wasn't tall either. I was taller than Nick, but not too much, enough to tease him all the time though. Always when he was teasing me I brought that fact up.

"You're right, I ain't surprised but it is kinda cute." I shook my head, Logan was way taller than I was, but that didn't make me cute.

"Wait till you know me, you'll know I ain't cute." Logan laughed a little when looking down on me. It made it look more hilarious because it confirmed that I'm tiny as fuck.

"I'm curious Em." Logan and I did talk quite a lot on twitter lately, but I was too afraid to change numbers with him. Not because I was shy or anything, it was a risk because Nick could find out easier if I was texting Logan. I had fun talking to Logan, he made me laugh a lot and I felt comfortable talking to him. It didn't matter what I said, Logan would never say I was way too weird to think that, it felt nice. I thought we would be talking a lot when we were going to see each other, but that didn't happen yet.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked, knowing Logan wasn't going to look for a new vase for my mom because first of all, he couldn't afford anything that was similar to my mom's vase and second of all, you can't buy vases that aren't from target at this mall. Everyone knows you can't come back with a target vase after you broke grandma's French vase.

"We're buying a new vase for your mom." He said confidently. I chuckled.

"Where? At target?" Logan's face turned a little bit red. "It a sweet gesture Log, but you can't buy a similar vase at target." He sighed. I gave him a playful punch on his arm, we both knew he just wanted to hang out with me.

"I just hoped we could find something your mom would like, we want to apologize to her."

"Why didn't you ask Nick?" I asked as we walked in to the target.

"You could've said no if you didn't want to come with me." He said while looking around the store.

"I'm just trying to make you say you used the vase as an excuse to hang out with me, that's all." Logan stopped walking and looked me dead serious in the face. I stopped walking as well, standing in front of him making eye contact.

"If you knew why would you put me in that awkward situation." I laughed and grabbed his arm to pull him with me so we could walk again.

"Because I wanted to hear it out of your mouth. Come on, no one is going to buy a new vase when they broke one if they're this young. And if they really want to they're not buying it at this mall."