t e n

I fell asleep, at least four times. Logan was driving for two hours already and I really just wanted some sleep. We were at this point that Logan just let me because waking me up didn't work at all. I should've listened to Michelle, because there was no way I would be home around dinner, maybe I wouldn't even be able to sleep in my own bed at night because my parents had the rule that if I was out on a school week I had to be home before 11pm, if I wouldn't I had to sleep somewhere else because the door would be locked. Of course Logan doesn't care about that rule, he would love it if I stayed over at his place.

As I said, he gave up on waking me up. But, I wasn't in a deep sleep. It was the cutest thing ever, because I heard every little sound that Logan made. The way he rapped his favorite songs, the way he got annoyed when an other driver made a mistake, the way he softly talked to himself because he wasn't sure if he was driving the right way and how he sometimes sighed for no reason at all. Sometimes he put his hand on my tight or when he was at a traffic light that was on red he took my hair out of my face and caressed my cheek.

I was falling, so damn hard. Every word that left his mouth made me warm and every time he touched me the place he touched just melted. It made me worried, worried about what Nick would thinks. Logan knew I was worried, he tried to find a way to tell Nick, but every way was a bad way. Nick wouldn't accept it, even though Logan was probably one of his most suitable friends, no man was good enough for me. I knew Logan was, Nick should know that too, but he was careful.

I got woken up by a door that was slammed, but I didn't open my eyes. I would wait for Logan to really wake me up so I knew that we were at the destination. It took ten minutes before my door was opened and Logan's lips touched mine.

"I am so sorry that it took me so long to get here, but you'll love it." I didn't say a thing yet, I just yawned and stepped out of Logan's car. I noticed Logan drove us on top of a hill, which had a view over a city I didn't know because I didn't pay any attention during the trip. It was a pretty sight, one I could enjoy way better if I wasn't this fucking tired.

"I love the view." I said, very sleepy which made Logan chuckle. I decided to stand still for a minute to really enjoy the view, and to come back to earth because in my head I was still sleeping. Logan walked up to me and grabbed my hand, leading me further on the hill. He stopped when we were standing behind his truck.

I was speechless, he filled the back of his truck with pillows and blankets, some snacks laying in the middle. It was the cutest thing ever, exactly in the moment I thought I couldn't fall for him more, he proved there are so many reasons to fall for him. I just hugged him, very tightly, still not saying a word.

I never spoke about this, not even to Michelle or Emily and definitely not to Logan, but my 'status' made me appreciate things that were actually not even worth appreciating. Everyone convinced me that being popular and beautiful was the biggest blessing I could have in life, because everyone liked you and wanted you and that's what life's all about.

It's not, being popular doesn't do shit for your future and it's not worth sticking time in it at all, which I never did. Hazel always did and just dragged us along, I just had to glow up and be pretty.

People's mindset changes completely to someone who's popular, they think you already have everything so they don't have to put effort in pleasing you. I never really went on dates, I just went to houses. I never had late night FaceTime conversations, I just texted till the other person fell asleep. I never had a boy putting so much effort in me, they just told me I was more than a pretty face because I am 'actually really nice'. They told me that and I just said thank you, appreciating the fact that they noticed, a very simple thing if you just look behind the face.