#27 "T"

Waking up the next morning, Kait felt different. It was hard to explain but like if with each session, she was unraveling parts of herself that she had locked away that was finally getting the attention it deserved. She was healing along with each woman over the weekend.

The retreat wasn't just for them but for her in so many ways.

So as she stood on the wooden platform on Sunday morning, the sides of the her lips rose as her orbs roamed through the crowd of beautiful women.

"This morning all I can do is smile because you all look so beautiful and these past three sessions... I have unraveled... unpacked... unfolded... some of my own baggage and found healing... found some refinement and I really thank God for the work He is doing this week."

The hands clapping together with like the sound of drums beating.

"Each speaker has blessed me in some way and I just want to tell my girls that I love them... they are so brave... and strong... I admire their strength so much... sharing your story isn't easy... I mean wow... that took courage... let's just put our hands together for them one more time."

Kait's palms found each other repeatedly honoring her friends.

"So we touched on the 'W', 'A', 'I' and this morning we're touching on the 'T'... which represents time... when we at times talk about waiting until marriage... we make it beautiful and fulfilling and don't get me wrong... it is... but so we always feel that way when we've been waiting for five going on six years and we don't see boaz..? When we're almost at thirty and a good man still can't seem to come your way..?"

Silence enveloped the room as heads nodded.

"When Chels spoke on Friday night... she read from Isaiah forty, thirty one and it said they that wait on the Lord... Our next speaker tonight has struggled with waiting... she had her life planned out and wanted to rush time... she wanted God to work now and when He didn't... she was angry and frustrated... Without further ado, help me welcome our final speaker for the night."

The applause started but as the women saw no one emerging from behind the beige curtain the applause died.

A chuckle escaped.

"Don't worry... she isn't coming from behind the curtains because she's already in front of it."

She allowed the joke to roll off her tongue, chuckles erupting throughout the room.

"It feels so good to finally to be up here on this platform and share my own story with you as my friends have... Over this weekend... I really got to speak to a lot of you individually, sit next to you, get your feedback, pray for you, love on you and just get to tell you that you are beautiful and loved. That in itself was what this weekend was and is about to me, women supporting women, women coming together and dealing with our demons together. Knowing that it's not just us alone... so give yourselves a round of applause... you all are tremendous women who I am honored to have met this weekend.

The auditorium filled with applause.

"When it comes to time... I don't know if you all are like me... but waiting and patience at times is so hard for me to grasp... At age twelve I knew I wanted marriage... I knew I wanted to meet mr right, have one child and I knew I wanted it in my twenties... how ambitious Kait..."

Chuckles erupted.

"My plan went like this... I'd meet my husband in High School at age fifteen... we'd graduate together and go to university together... graduate again... get married... build a house together and have our first child... All at age twenty five... Your girl was a dreamer and when I dreamt... I dreamt big and fit everything into a ten year time span from age fifteen... I don't know if you all had plans similar to mine but let me just see by a raise of hands."