Chapter 4

Mew POV

What is happening to Gulf? A couple of times, I heard Mild refer to keeping the crowd away and something about Gulf not going out to bars, but I never dreamt that something like this could happen.

A sharp pain went straight through my heart the moment that I watched helplessly as Gulf slowly started to fall from his chair. It was like my instinct kicked in, and I didn't want him to get hurt any further. Even when I got to him before he hit the floor and picked him up in my arms, I could have never thought that this would happen.

This almost seems like a terrible nightmare, but I know that it is real.

I was so excited tonight when I went out onto stage and saw that Gulf was sitting in the corner table again. I couldn't explain what was going through my mind, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that I wanted to spend more time with him tonight. Shoot. I wanted to spend not just tonight with him, but as much of my time while I'm home on vacation that I can.

However, my happiness has been washed away and has been replaced by fear. Will Gulf get better? I can't take him places if this is what is going to happen, but I really want to treat him to a fun time. However, how am I going to do that if he can't handle being around people? Wherever I go, there will always be people there and they may even swarm me. I can't have that happen when Gulf is around. I don't know if I can handle another episode like this.

Yes, the people were getting closer, but I didn't think that they were that close yet, but it was still enough to trigger this attack. What in the world has happened to this sweet and gorgeous man to make him like this? I need to know.

I gently grab Gulf's shoulders and head as Mild softly whispers, "Gulf. I'm going to move you now. You need to try and take your medicine."

I don't know how Mild is going to get Gulf to swallow his medicine or drink any water. Gulf doesn't seem alert enough to be able to do anything on his own.

Gulf's eyelids flicker up slightly as he asks, "M.M.Mew?"

My breath instantly hitches as my heart skips a beat. Did he just say my name?

I glance over to Mild who is staring at me with his eyes wide open. Well, I don't think he was expecting that.

This isn't the time to try and figure out what Gulf is thinking. We need to get the medicine in him, and we need to calm him down.

I snap out of my thoughts and motion my chin towards the medicine in Mild's hand. That little motion snaps Mild out of shock as he turns his attention back towards Gulf. "Gulf. Mew is here. We need you to take your medicine."

Without waiting for Gulf's response, Mild takes his free hand and grips Gulf's chin.

I fight the urge to scold Mild for being a little too rough. In the back of my mind, I'm sure that this isn't the first time that he has had to do this, so I'm assuming that he knows what he is doing.

Mild pulls Gulf's mouth open and pushes the pill to the back of his mouth. "Gulf. The medicine is in your mouth. You need to drink some water. Gulf. Can you hear me? Do you understand?"

My heart begins to break as I suddenly realize that Gulf's whole body is trembling as his breath continues to be shallow and weak.

Come on, Gulf. Come back to us.

With Mild's one hand still holding Gulf's mouth, he extends his other hand towards Rick, who is holding a bottle water. Mild doesn't have to say anything as Rick hands the bottle to Mild.