Chapter 18

Spys POV

I jolted awake and remembered everything about yesterday. I went to the bathroom to shower and get ready to explain everything to everyone.  I ran out into the main room and saw everyone sitting down and chatting. Baby Elliot was sitting on the floor playing with a rattle. I giggled at how happy the baby looked. Rose and the Doctor looked at me with concerned expressions. I walked over to them and placed my hands on the control panel. I sighed softly and looked back at them. "I suppose you want me to explain," I said but Rose shook her head.

"It's alright. No explanation needed." She said and gave me a small hug when I tried to escape.  

Time Jump

"We are here." The Doctor said and scooted over to the TARDIS doors. Rose gave me a sympathetic look and followed the Doctor out of the TARDIS. I trudged after them with my backpack slung around my shoulder. I looked at the world outside and took a deep breath to stop myself from crying. I started running down the street and away from the Doctor, Rose and baby Elliot. 

"SPY!" Rose called but I was already gone. 

Rose's POV

I watched as Spy sprinted away. I looked at the Doctor but he just shrugged at me. I poked him with my elbow while trying not to drop baby Elliot. We had arrived at the year that baby Elliot was placed in the care of an orphanage. "Doctor? You are a brilliant man. You are an amazing man. How are you so stubborn?" I asked and started walking toward the nearest cafe. I stepped inside and ordered some chips. I sat down with Elliot on the chair next to me. 

He giggled happily as I handed him a chip and I smiled. "Human. You could be dying and you always go to food for comfort." The Doctor said and sat opposite me. I looked at him annoyed and he struggled to look me in the eye. He cleared his throat then continued, "So umm, You were right." He mumbled and looked me in the eye for a brief second. 

"Excuse me?" I said and smirked slightly. 

"You were right. You were right about Spy. I can't just leave her. Well again." He said while giving me a small smile. 

"Well, that's a first," I mumbled and decided to talk to him about that later. " You need to go find her and explain. Get to know her." I said and placed my hand on his shoulder. He took a chip then left the cafe with a small smile. 

The Doctor's POV

I walked down the street, looking for Spy. I tried to get people to help me but I seemed invisible to them all. I came across a park and saw her sitting on a bench with her headphones on. She had her hood pulled over her face and her sleeves were pulled over her hands. She had her backpack on her lap as she hugged it. She looked so broken and empty. A young baby girl walked up to her and placed her hand on Spy's leg. The young girl then placed her other hand on Spy's hands. Spy looked at the little girl and smiled at her before directing her back to her family. I smiled as I saw her watch to make sure the little girl made it back safely. 

I walked over to her and sat down on the bench. She didn't even move. "Spy I, um, I would like to say I'm sorry for upsetting you. I would like you to join..." I said but she shot up to stand and glared right at me. She opened her mouth to talk but she just closed it. She took a step back from me then took a deep breath. Her breathing was quickening and she closed her eyes and dropped her backpack while placing her hands on her head. 

"You want...no you...you...you want WHAT." She groaned/said. She struggled to get the words out because of disbelief. She turned around and stepped away from me and sat down on a swing that was in front of us. 

"I just want you to thin..." I tried to explain to her and I stood up and walked over to the swing she sat on. I sat on the other as she started to sob. 

"You want me to join you in the TARDIS and travel with you and Rose? AFTER EVERYTHING YOU DID TO ME? AFTER YOU LEFT ME FOR YEARS AT AN ORPHANAGE? ARE YOU CRAZY?" She yelled and jumped up and started sprinting away from me. I got up and run after her. 

Rose's POV

I stood up and picked up the baby Elliot. He stuck out his tongue and started walking by himself. I smiled and we walked out of the cafe to look for Spy and the Doctor. It didn't take me long to find them, Well, find them is wrong. Spy came sprinting past me with the Doctor on her tail. I picked up Elliot and started running after them. 

Time Jump

The Doctor stopped running and I finally caught up to him. I reached him and put Elliot on the floor. "Doctor? What happened?" I asked and he gave me a sympathetic look. I gave him a small hug and he hugged back. 

"She just ran. Is that..." He asked me and I just shrugged a little. "What do I do?" He asked and looked at me worried. Elliot gave the Doctor a hug, he only reached the Doctors knees but it was still cute. "I suppose we should umm, deal with him first." I nodded in agreement slightly hoping that he could stay with us forever. 

Elliot started crying, "SPY!" He called out and walked down the street. We walked for a while following Elliot, not really knowing why. We arrived at an abandoned tree house that sat in an old oak tree. I looked up and saw Spy's backpack sitting half out of a tiny window. I gave the Doctor a nudge and he started to climb up the tree.

"Spy?" He called out, "It's me again. Please just listens to me." He reached the top and disappeared through the trapdoor.