Chapter 20

I saw that I had 200 reads and I thought I should end this story on a good note.  I appreciate all of you guys so much. Seeing that you all had enjoyed this story made me know that I must be doing something right. Thank you so much. 

Spys POV

We all sat and listened to the TARDIS whirling which was the only sound. The Doctor flicked up a lever them slumped into a near bye seat. Rose nudged me with her elbow and I looked at her. 'What' I mouthed to her and she pointed her head towards the Doctor. I still didn't understand and I could tell she was getting frustrated.

'Talk to him' She mouthed and nudged me with her elbow again. I sighed. I got up and awkwardly walked over to him. I sat down next to him and took a deep breath.

"So...Doctor. Where, or should I say when, are we going?" I asked him trying to jump-start this dead conversation. He didn't move. I looked at Rose and even she looked concerned. "Look um, If you don't want me to stay here then you can take me back," I said just thinking out loud. He looked at me when I said that.

"Why wouldn't I want you to stay?" He asked with mournful eyes. With those words, Rose stood up, gave us both a soft smile and walked into one of the many halls in the TARDIS. The Doctor's face looked miserable and like he no longer knew what to do. I shrugged not truly sure why I was still on the TARDIS with him and Rose but I was happy to be. "I'm sorry for leaving you all those years ago." He mumbled barely audible. I gave him a side hug as he cast his eyes downward again.

"It's alright. You did it to protect me." I answered and continued to hug him. "It kind of worked by the way. I was relatively safe." I tried to reassure him that everything was alright. He looked at me with his gorgeous burnt amber eyes that had just a touch of hazel. He gave me a weak smile and his faced seemed to light up just a bit more. "I have one last question. What am I meant to call you?" I asked him trying to change the subject to something more light-hearted.

He chuckled softly, "You can call me whatever you like I suppose." He answered back as he sat up straight and looked right at me with his old but experienced eyes.

"Well, I have been told that sometimes people call the main male figure in their life 'Dad'. I'm not that sure if it applies..." I said but he interrupted me.

"It can apply if you want." He said with a hopeful look in his eyes. I nodded trying to hold back the tears of joy that threatened to fall. 

Rose's POV

I walked back into the control room to see Spy and the Doctor hugging each other. I cleared my throat and basically ran up to them. They looked like they were deers caught in headlights. I trapped them in a group hug and spy tried to escape. "Let me go." Spy snapped and when I didn't let her out she stomped on my foot with her heel. It wasn't hard enough to hurt me but enough to warn me. 

"Everything sorted?" I asked them and the Doctor gave me a look that said 'I'll tell you later'. I smiled at him and he flicked up a switched and the TARDIS began to move and shake. 

He looked at me then to Spy. "Allons-y!" He shouted and sent a loving look towards Spy.