Chapter 4

I woke up in Shuichi's arms. The memories of yesterday came flooding back. I felt safe in his arms. It was almost as if he cared for me. But I knew that wasn't true. I felt something warm roll down my cheek. Why am I crying? I smiled. A genuine smile. I haven't smiled in years. It felt nice. "Good morning Kokichi..." I heard a Shuichi say. "Oh Shuichi y-your awake!" I say startled. We both sat up on the bed. "Are you feeling better Kokichi?" Shuichi asked. I nodded. "Ok then..." He sat there silent. "Would it be ok if I go back to my room and get changed?" He asked with a nervous look on his face. "O-of course! I don't want you to waste your time with me..." I responded trying to hide the fact that I didn't want to leave. "Are you s-sure Kokichi?"

"Yeah but..."
"Is it ok if you come back after?"
"Of course!"
"Thank y-you"
And with that he left the room.

Does he really like me? No he wouldn't like someone like me...never. 

After about five minutes I started to get worried. Even if its only been five minutes. will he really come back?  Just after I thought that thought there was a knock at my door. I walked over and opened the door. once  I saw it was Shuichi I sighed a sigh of relief. "I thought you wouldn't come back for me" I said with a sad tone in my voice. Shuichi looked at me in confusion. "but its been less than ten minutes..."                                                                                                                                         "Yeah but nobody has ever come back for me, thats all." Shuichi looked down at me.

 "dont worry...I wont leave."                                                                                                                                                          

   "You promise?"                                                                                                                                                                    

   "I promise."

I then wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. he hugged me back and we stayed like that for awhile.                                                                                                                                                                        We pulled apart and we decided it was best to head to the dining hall so the others wouldn't get worried. I tried to protest saying that no one would care if i suddenly showed up. Shuichi looked at me with a disapproving look and told me I would go anyway because its not good for me to stay locked up in my room all day. I finally agreed and we made our way down to the dining hall.

When we opened the doors and entered everyone inside turned to look at us. Everyone went up to shuichi and started talking to him and asking him questions like, "where were you?" and "why are you with him." I ignored them and went to sit down over in the corner of the table. Himiko walked over to me and asked if i was ok. I stared at her. I nodded, not bothering to put my mask back on. "nyeh that sounds like a lie." she said. I stayed silent. "here, come with me" she said while extending a hand to me. Without hesitation, i took her hand and we proceeded to exit the dining hall. Not noticing that everybody else were staring at us.