Chapter 5

Serena's POV,

As we landed on a helipad of a tall building, the smoke-filled air of Manila welcomes me. I used to see tall trees but now I see towering skyscrapers and billboards which are very foreign to me.

I always shelved the idea of leaving Basco, Batanes. I have given so many opportunities but I still chose to decline them. Now, the calling just called again only that this time, I let it in.

"Welcome to the city, Probinsyana. Close your mouth. There might be bugs lurking around here" Joe started again with his mockery tone after seeing my reaction.

"I'm just astounded. This is my first time seeing this after eighteen years alright."

He smirked after hearing my sentiments.

"Do you finally regret now that you wasted your eighteen years in the North?"

I ignored his question. I am busy looking on how he pressed the button in the elevator. So this is how the elevator really looks like in real life? I wonder how this thing works—

"What the—" I almost stumbled on my place after the elevator moved down. I tried to keep my balance and remain cool after that embarrassing incident. I even heard the two men beside me laughed at my reaction. At syempre ang pinakamalakas na tawa ay walang iba kung hindi si Joe. His laugh is echoing in the four corners of the elevator. May paghawak pa sya sa tiyan niya.

"This is so hilarious. You should see your face."

The elevator opened and we are now heading towards his parents' residence riding his own pick up yet he still can't moved on. Imagine him driving while laughing while I don't really care.

"Serena, you can open the window of the car. You'll appreciate the view more." he suggested. Mababakas pa rin dito ang pagtawa.

"Your mind even your mouth seems to be polluted maybe because of the polluted air. So it's a no. I won't open your windshield. I might breathe some. "

And now he is laughing hysterically and even accidentally honked on the car in front of us.

"Maybe you don't wanna open the windshield because you don't know how to."

After that he bursts into a laughter again. What a lunatic. Thanks God we only have few similar bloods running in our veins.

It was a 15-minute drive until we arrived at their house. I put the strap of my backpack on my shoulder and was about to open the car door when Joe did it for me while smirking.

I know what's running on his mind. He thinks I don't even know how to open his damn car. What a jerk.

"Hija Serena! I miss you!"

Joe's mother welcomed me with a very tight embrace. I hug her back too.

"The last time I saw you, you were still a cute little toddler and now, look at you, you grow up so beautiful hija" she said still hugging me. I smiled at her.

"Thank you po tita. I miss you too"

Joe's father just tapped my shoulder and after that we decided to go inside their mansion. Yes, I consider this place a mansion. Kung maganda ito sa labas ay lalong mas maganda ito sa loob. The interior designs are very intricate and sophisticated as well. Even the furnitures scream luxury and extravagance. Di ko alam pero nahihiya talaga ako. I feel like I don't belong here.

Joe's mother sensed my uneasiness that's why she hold my hand and accompany me to their dining room.

"Serena, don't be shy. This is your home now. You're a family. Come on let's eat dinner"