Chapter 7

Serena's POV,

"What's the matter Serena darling? Is this your first time seeing a club?" Vanessa asked with her tone of mockery.

This is what I came here for? I can't believe this. That bitch Jackie, she fooled me. This is not what I applied for.

"Vanessa, pwede ko ba mahiram cellphone mo? Pwede ko ba tawagan si Jackie?"

"You really think calling Jackie will save you huh? Don't forget Serena. She lured you here. She scammed you. She should be the last person you should think of calling."

I am so frustrated. Gusto ko na lang sabunutan sarili ko hanggang sa makalbo ako. I rather call Jackie than call Rica or anyone in the household of Castillejo. I don't want to become a burden to them. After leaving without a word or trace, tapos ano? Tatawag ako because I got scam? My ego can't even handle that. Besides, I should not forget why I left on the first place.

"Poor Serena. Don't worry. You'll get used to this. I'll help you cope up. I promise. I mean look at you. You're pretty. Tan skin, natural wavy hair. Oh my gosh! I would kill for that look. Tan is not normal here. Mostly are fair and Caucasians kaya gusto nila ng mga Pilipino. You know.. bago sa panlasa." she bursts into a laughter when she noticed my disgust look.

"What's with the look? As if you have a choice." she even pouted while looking at my disgust expression.

"It's not enough that you're just pretty. You should also be profitable" she exclaimed. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Maybe I can sort this with the manager of that club. You see? It's just a big misunderstanding on my case. Buti ka you came here willingly. Ako? I got scam. If they kicked me out then.. Fine! Maghahanap na lamang ako ng panibagong trabaho kung wala edi mamamalimos sa kalye. At least that's bearable than this club err.."

I looked up once again on the neon light signage. Club Vie. There is no way I'm gonna enter that place. No way.

"I doubt they'll let you go"

What did she say? At bakit naman hindi?

"Well Vanessa, it's not for them to decide on that. I will be the one to decide for myself." matapang kong tugon. I can't imagine myself dancing inside that club with a clothing that exposed every inch of my skin. Eww.

"O..kay. Just tell me the address kung saan ka mamamalimos. Para pag sumweldo ako, papatakan ko ng barya yang lata mo." she said and then laugh hysterically. Maging ang iba ay napapatingin na sa amin sa lakas ng tawa ni Vanessa. Tinaasan ko lamang ito ng kilay. Di kalaunan ay tumigil na din naman ito sa kakatawa at sumeryoso na.

"Honestly Serena. It's not that bad naman eh. As if they will turn you into a sex slave, you'll just work here as a waitress or an entertainer that's it." she said as if it will change my mind.

"Huh? Hindi ba ganoon na rin iyon?"  I asked her. I am not knowledgeable on things like this. Wala naman ganito sa Batanes eh. Kinamalayan ko ba.

"Hindi no. There will be contracts and agreements naman siguro. Don't worry, if you don't agree then you will not get laid you little virgin." I cringed when she said those words.

"Basta ayoko ng ganitong trabaho." Ayoko. Ayoko. Period.

"Weh? Paano kung sabihin ko sayong maraming gwapong mayayaman na foreigner dito. I'm sure one of them might pass your liking. Di rin imposibleng magustuhan ka. Tapos pakasal kayo. That's a one-way ticket to the top Serena. Finally, isang Pilipina na naman ang nakawala sa hawla ng kahirapan. Yay."

Seriously, I want to puke. Nababaliw na si Vanessa. In case I'll get married, the only reason will be for love and not for money. Besides, I'm just eighteen. Marriage never even crossed my mind. No freaking way.