Chapter 35

Serena's POV,

The movie is done within an hour and a half leaving me with a huge smile on my face. No matter how much I frown, my lips just keep on betraying me. For goodness sake! There's no point on denying it. Every damn thing he's trying to do to win me back is effective. And if this is one of his tricks again, I guess I'm falling for it. If this is some sort of a game, malamang uuwi na naman akong luhaan. Only that this time, the blame will be all on me. It's no longer his fault but mine. For ignoring the warning. For letting my guard down again. For not learning.

Getting too close with the fire might burn me into ashes. No matter how much I convinced myself that he's a walking red flag, I always end up raising my white flag as a sign of surrender. And I'm damn willing to concede defeat. Besides, not having him felt like losing too. What's the difference, right?

"Did you enjoy it?" he asked and leaned his right arm on the door of my cabin. Now I feel cornered. I wandered my eyes around the area. Good thing, no one's looking. I licked my lower lip and faced him.

"What do you think?"

Seth crouched a bit to meet my eyes and then smirk, flexing his pair of dimples. Jesus Christ..

"Hmm.." he uttered with a thick and raspy voice. If this is his way of seducing me, he better stop it right now coz it's working. Shet.

"Yeah. Whatever." naiiling kong tugon dito at marahang tinulak ang kanyang katawan palayo sa akin. As always, hindi siya nagpatinag. My hand just ended up resting on his broad chest.

Nalipat ang atensyon niya sa aking kamay na nasa kanyang dibdib. I was about to pull it off when he hold my hand and directed it towards his heart.

"Serena, my intentions are clear. I still love you. It never changed. It's still you. Feel that? It's all yours, baby."

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from saying anything. I don't want to ruined this moment. I just want to feel his heartbeat, memorize its seemingly familiar yet forgotten rhythm.

"Am I allowed to kiss you now?" he whispered which made my body froze. My lips parted a bit at his sudden question. What...

He groaned and comb his hair aggressively while I am stuck, silently watching his every movement.

"No. Forget it. Sorry, I just— I better go. Good night, Sere—"

I didn't let him finish. I tiptoed and pulled his nape to reach for his lips. I shut my eyes and give him a soft kiss. He froze and didn't move an inch. Gosh. Was it bland? Am I that bad?

Before he even got his chance to react, I immediately pulled away and shut the door between us. I can feel my heart racing. Damn!

Napasandal ako sa pinto habang nakatulala sa kawalan, mabibigat ang bawat hinga at naghuhumirantado ang tibok ng puso. What the hell did I just do? I'm pretty sure I'm not drunk. There wasn't a single drop of alcohol on my body for two consecutive days. I can't say I'm drunk and unaware of my actions as a reason. I definitely have no excuse. It was my fucking hormones being an idiot. These bitches.

"I'm doomed. Hindi ko dapat ginawa iyon. What the hell am I thinking.." bulong ko habang marahang iniuuntog ang ulo sa dingding.

How am I gonna face him tomorrow? Nakakahiya. Palagi na lang ako ang nag-iinitiate. How can I let my guard down that easily?

"Good morning, Serena. How are you feeling? May sakit ka daw.." Leila greeted me the other day at the galley. She's smirking like a devil and I don't know why. I just shrugged my shoulders and started preparing the ingredients of the menu.