Chapter 12

(A/N Gah! I'm so sorry! I thought I had uploaded this chapter with the other one of my other book, but it never did. Things have been a bit hectic so I couldn't get to my books, but I'm trying. It's just that exams are coming up and I have a lot of extra classes worked in on my schedule so I get home late and then I have to study... Anyway, on top you can see what I picture Jake as, just without the tattoos and earing thing, but if you want to keep him like that, go for it! I'll put the twins up in the next chapter)

Ah... everything hurts. Why the hell does it feel like a stampede of titans ran over me?

I fluttered my eyes open and stared up into a white ceiling, the brightness of the colour causing my eyes to narrow. What in the world? Where am I? I glanced to the side and saw a side table with a clock on it, its soft ticks filling the quiet room. There were a few bottles of pills and a glass of water next to the lamp that was switched on, the gentle yellow glow much softer on my eyes than the stark white ceiling.

I looked a bit to the right and saw a door, the dark oak wood glistening as if it was only recently polished. The floor was made from tan wooden planks, and off to my right stood a large open window, a cool night breeze gently blowing inside.

I let out a sigh as I breathed in the crisp air, relishing in the after rain smell it carried in. I slowly sat up and looked around the room, taking in the cream white walls and the smell of disinfectant that caused my nostrils to slightly burn. It was quiet, the only sounds that filled the room were the soft ringing of the crickets from outside.

I looked down and felt myself frown as something twisted inside my arm, the movement small but still noticeable. I glanced down and stiffened, my eyes widening in both shock and confusion. There were tubes running into my left arm, and they seemed to be carrying a white liquid from a transparent bag on a metal pole next to me. How the hell did they even manage to stick a pipe into my skin? I hesitantly reached down and tugged on them, only to hiss as pain blossomed from my arm.

"Holy shit!" I gasped, retracting my hand as fast as I could, How the hell am I supposed to get out of this? I reached over to the side table and grasped the glass of water. I downed the cool liquid, my parched throat eagerly accepting the cold water as I drank it. The water didn't smell weird and it didn't taste like anything, so I assume it wasn't tampered with... hopefully.

I threw the glass onto the ground, the cup shattering and surprisingly making a lot of noise. I froze, my teeth clenched together as I strained my ears, trying to listen if there were footsteps heading in my way. But after a few minutes, with the silence still undisturbed, I continued my escape.

"Thank goodness they don't have ears like my mother" I whispered, feeling my heart squeeze at the thought of her, images of her mangled body appearing before my eyes. I quickly shook my head and reached down, grabbing the largest piece of glass before I used it to cut the tubes.

The clear liquid spurred out of one end, running rapidly onto the floor as I threw it and the glass aside. I stared at the four inch long tubes that still sat lodged in my arm, not liking the slight pain and stiffness it caused each time I moved my fingers.

I gently slid myself out of the bed, cringing as my toes touched the cold, wooden floor boards. I slowly put my body weight on my feet, feeling unsteady as my legs wobbled from the sudden weight, a dull throb spreading across my right thigh.

"Okay, I got this" I muttered, taking a small step forward, my hand slowly sliding off of the bed. I let out a triumphant huff before I continued to walk forward, my toes curling in on themselves as I tried to get used to the cold floor with my bare feet.