Accept it

Todoroki's POV

Next morning 9:31 AM

I woke up. Had all of that been a dream? Was I back at UA? I quickly sat up only to find I was in the villains' HQ. I groaned in annoyance and laid back on the bed.

"You're finally awake!" Hayami exclaimed, "Do you feel groggy or like you're gonna throw up?"

"Uhm...wait, it's you!" I realized, "The girl from the nurse's office!"

"Uh-huh!" she nodded, "Hey Dabi! He woke up!"

I had to get out of here. I got out of the bed and raced out the door into the hallway. I ran straight into Dabi.

"Oof," I said. (hehe)

"Hey Shoto," he said casually.

"What do you want from me?" I asked him grabbing his throat, "Want me to join your League?"

"Pretty much," Dabi choked out.

"No way that's gonna happen," I retorted squeezing his neck tighter.

He lit his flames. Luckily, I had grabbed him with my left hand so it didn't affect me. It did startle me enough to make me loosen my grip, though. Dabi quickly broke free of my grasp.

"I know you have a plan. So, what will you do?" I asked, "I don't accept the offer you present,"

"Well, I just want to talk before we have to go to that," Dabi said putting out his flames.

"All of us have been hurt in one way or another. We want to make the people who caused our pain suffer just like we did,"

"Trying to justify your case, huh? It won't work," I said.

"Just, let me finish," Dabi said, "We've been hurt by the same person. Wouldn't you like to get back at your old man for all those years of agony he caused?"

"How has Endeavor ever hurt you?" I asked.

I remembered the image of Touya and Dabi Midoriya had shown me.

"No...it...it can't be," I stuttered.

"Wanna start over?" Dabi asked walking towards me.

"S-stop! D-don't come any closer!" I warned him.

He didn't stop. He came right up to me. Face to face.

He hugged me.

My eyes widened in surprise.

"I've missed you Shoto," he whispered.

"T-Touya?" I asked, my voice faltering.

"Yes, brother," he said.

I felt tears forming in my eyes. He was really alive?

"I-I missed you too," I told him.

I hugged him back. We broke apart after a few moments.

I was so surprised, "W-why did you...how...?"

"After father said that I was an embarrassment, I kind of...got mad and ran away," Touya said, "He was so disappointed in me. He treated you and mother horribly too. He just made me so angry. I wouldn't let him ruin my life anymore. The only thing I regret is leaving you, our siblings, and Mom with that bastard,"

"Touya, it's ok," I assured him, "I...I know how you feel,"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Really,"

Wait. This was a trick, wasn't it? He just wanted me to join. Brother or not, I had sworn not to be a villain.

"I-I'm sorry, but I can't become a villain," I told Touya, "Mother always wanted me to-"