Trial

Midoriya's POV

It was the day we had all been dreading. The day of the trial. Of course, we were attending, but I was scared. Yesterday Todoroki didn't seem like himself. I got dressed and headed to the common room for lunch. I could tell that everyone was on edge. Yaoyorozu seemed the most upset, though. Maybe she felt bad after what had happened. We ate lunch and headed to the train station. The ride to the courthouse was tense. Todoroki's trial was all over the news. I didn't want my friend to get the death sentence. Anything but that. God, please, anything but that! 

When we arrived we went to our seats. The courtroom was packed full of pro heroes. I saw Endeavor near the front. He looked worried. At long last, Todoroki and his lawyer came into the room. Todoroki did not look good. He looked like he hadn't gotten at sleep the night before. The court was called to order. 

Then it began.

I couldn't tell who the judge was favouring. I hoped it was Todoroki. Many families were called to the stand. Some of the heroes he had killed didn't have close friends or family. Maybe this would work to Todoroki's advantage. After a while, the judge said that the jury would take a minute to come to a verdict. We went outside the room and to the square outside.

"I'm so nervous," Ashido said, tears forming in her eyes.

"Yeah, same," Uraraka said.

"I'm sure everything will end up ok," Kirishima said.

"I hope so," Kaminari mumbled.

After a while of conversation, it was time to hear the jury's final verdict. We all went back into the courtroom and sat down. This was it.

"After much discussion and disagreements, we have come to a decision," the judge said.

I heard Kirishima praying quietly.

"Guilty on all charges," the judge said banging his gravel, "Death penalty,"

"No," I heard Momo say softly.

This...this couldn't be happening. My eyes stung with tears. I could see Todoroki's shocked face. Tears rolled down his cheeks. Even Kacchan cried. Todoroki started walking out of the courtroom but he stopped and gave us a sad smile.

"This is it I guess," he said.

Momo sniffled and pushed past us to be face to face with him.

"I-i'm so sorry Shoto," she whimpered, "If I had just protected you in the ambulance this wouldn't have happened. This is all my fault! I just-"

Todoroki pulled her in and kissed her gently on the lips.

"It wasn't your fault," he said softly, "I-I love you,"

"Todoroki," I said.

He pulled me in for a hug.

"Thank you for showing me my true potential Midoriya," he whispered in my ear, "Without you, I wouldn't have been able to break down all of the barriers that I had up"

We broke apart. He went on to say goodbye to the rest of the class. We had one last group hug, and then he walked away.

This couldn't be happening. I wouldn't believe it. I wouldn't! Nobody spoke about it when we got back to the dorms. We all just silently went into our own rooms or quietly consoled each other.

Yaoyrozou wouldn't come out of her room. We didn't force her. I couldn't blame her. We all knew today would be the last day we would see Todoroki. We didn't know when he was going to be executed, but we knew it was close. The truth was, he was going to be killed. Nothing could stop that.

Nothing.

Yaoyorozu's POV

This was my fault. Even though Todoroki had disagreed, he was wrong. I had said so many cruel things to him! I hated myself! I went to bed that night smiling, thinking of everything we had done together. However, it was bittersweet.

Dang, this is really short

Sorry 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯