Chapter 10

"An amusement park?" I asked looking at all the rusty and old rides. I wondered if they had worn down over time.

"Not any amusement park. An abandoned amusement park." Xavier said walking in front of me with his hands in his pockets.

I once again looked in front of me. My eyes running over each and every ride here. There were all the types you found in an amusement park.

"This is where you wanted me to take?" I asked unsure walking behind him.

He stopped abruptly and nodded. I could only see the back of his head, "I come here when I feel lonely." He muttered.

I stopped in my tracks too, now looking at his back with confusion and shock. Did he just told me something about himself? He never tells me how he feels. Taking me somewhere he comes whenever he feels lonely made me feel special somehow.

"Are you feeling lonely?" I asked softly.

If he came here whenever he felt lonely did that mean he was feeling lonely right now? He would usually come here when he was feeling down but since I am always tagged around him before and after school nowadays maybe he didn't have any choice but to bring me here with him.

He turned towards me. His hazel eyes somehow twinkling, "No. I am not feeling lonely at all."

I nodded my head at him letting him know I understood. A smile made it's way up on his face as he started taking steps towards me. I watched him as he moved elegantly towards me. His long legs moving with such clean movements.

He stopped when he was just in front of me. I had to strain my head upto look at him in the eyes. He was so tall.

"I just wanted to bring you here." He whispered.

I could not bring myself to tear my gaze away from his. His eyes which weren't lying. I searched his eyes for even a single hint of lie. But there wasn't. He wasn't lying. Unlike times when he behaves rude towards me, he seemed unlikely kind. And there wasn't a doubt that this moment was special to me.

In this moment I didn't feel like I was some burden on him. Someone who was forcefully tied to him to marry. I felt like the girl he became friends with. The girl he told her secrets to. And the girl he didn't actually want to be rude to.

And these feeling I was getting made me feel I would much rather be his friend for the rest of his life than be someone he doesn't like.

"Do you remember this place?" He asked.

I was confused. I haven't come to this place. Not that I can remember.

I shook my head at him letting him know that I don't remember anything of this place. That is to say if I ever visited this place.

He laughed lightly and with the help of his forefinger he lightly hit my forehead, "You really have a bad memory pancake."

He stopped in between. Catching him off guard. My eyes snapped upto to his. Did he just call me pancake? He would always call me that when we were younger. Until after when he started calling me Liya. I have longed for so long to hear this from him.

I was so overwhelmed to hear it again from his mouth that I could not wipe the grin away from my face. He looked down sideways to avoid eye contact,

"Will you stop looking and grinning at me like that." He said a little embarrassed in his heavy voice.

He did not forget. He actually remembered everything we did as friends. He did not hate me that much after all. And that thought was making me giddy.

He sighed before covering my face with his large hands, "Stop it."

I removed his hand softly before shaking my head, "I can't. I can't believe you actually remembered that."

He rolled his eyes, "Of course I remember. Last time I checked I didn't have Alzheimer."

"But you stopped calling me that."

"I did today, didn't I?" He shrugged his shoulder like it was no big deal for him. But for me it was. It was a big deal for me.

I could feel my eyes moisten. Xavier noticed it because he seemed surprised. He looked into both my eyes with adoration. A feeling he rarely showed. To me.

He lifted one of his hands up. Slowly. As if not sure of himself he brought them near my eyes, wiping the tear away.

I looked at his hand surprised. This so wasn't the Xavier I know. But he definitely is the Xavier I knew as a child .

"You are as stupid as ever, aren't you? Crying over little things." He whispered.

"Xavier," I started but he made me quite by putting his finger on my lips.

"Can we forget about it? Please. Pretend that everything is normal. That we-" he stopped mid sentence.

I knew what he wanted to say. Pretend that we are still friends. That he is not really forced to marry me.

I looked down and noticed the food I was holding onto. I clutched it tightly. I nodded at him. I understand what he means. And I would be stupid to give this moment up. This moment when I get to see the real side of Xavier. The side which he showed only to the ones he cared about.

Does he care about me too?

I looked up at the sky. The sun was showing now unlike before. But it wasn't sunny. I noticed a few birds fly by.

I bit my lip and looked at Xavier. I noticed he was looking at me. His eyes slid to my lips before gazing into my eyes.

He cleared his throat and held his hand out to me, "Thanks for understanding. I just want to live the old times. I want to look at you the way I want to for once."

I put my hands into his and look down. I wondered if he felt anything for me at all.

Does he?
____

Hey guys,

I don't know why I just enjoyed writing this chapter so much!

What about you? Did you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it?

Let me know:)

Vote, comment and share!

Love you <3