Chapter 38

Remember when I said parties were nothing but a place for sweaty armpits, alcoholic breaths, and a place to do drugs? I almost forgot to mention the almost half naked bodies you have to see. No matter how much you try to unsee them you will find one in each corner. Faces attached to each others.

I gagged.

Parties are already unbearable. The only time when I can bear them is when I am with people who are close to me. Who make me feel comfortable.

Luke's arms found their way around my waist drawing me a little closer to him, "Are you nervous?"

I pursed my lips, "I am surrounded by a bunch of wild animals, what do you expect?"

He chuckled, "Now don't say that."

I rolled my eyes as we both tried to get through people dancing.

You know the different kind of vibes some parties give? No? Let me explain it to you, there are parties which gives off elegant vibes. The only thing people care about in them is showing off their possessions. Then there are ones with normal teenagers, among which some go crazy. And then there are some parties with dark atmosphere.

The mere thought of standing in these parties gives you depression. You start regretting your life choices. Yes, it was that party.

"Don't leave my side, okay?" Luke said. I could hear the warning in his voice.

As if I was planning on it.

"Would you like a drink?" He asked.

"I don't drink."

"Water?"

I shook my head. I wasn't thirsty. I also didn't want Luke to leave my side. I just wanted to find the girl Luke was talking about. Make her jealous or whatever Luke wanted and get out of here.

"Where is she?" I yelled over the loud music.

I waited for Luke to answer me. But when I didn't hear him answer me I looked at him sideways to find him staring off at someone.

That look. That look was way too familiar to me. I knew it was the look you held for the person you love. And that pain in the eyes when you can't do anything for them.

I followed his sight. I wanted to know who this mysterious girl was. Who did Luke love so much?

My eyes landed on a girl with short blonde hair. She looked pretty in the black dress she wore. When I said I knew the girl would be pretty, I meant exactly this.

"Damn. She is beautiful." I said with my eyes wide.

"I know." Luke smiled softly.

"I knew she would be pretty."

"Really?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah. I mean you love her. She has to be pretty." I smiled looking at him.

He stared at me for a while before shaking his head, "I don't love her for her looks Liya. As much as I may look like that person I love her for the person she is."

Now it was me staring at him. I definitely want to know her. Why did she break up with such an amazing guy? What could Luke possibly do to make her leave him? What could be the worst possibility?

"I don't see the reason why would she break up with you?" I let my thoughts out.

He sighed before making the both of us step away from a few drunk people, "You can say I wasn't like this since forever."

I blinked a few times before slowly nodding my head and looking back in the front. She was dancing with her friends.

"What's her name?" I asked.