Ghost

Elwyn's P.O.V.

Kaede explained to me what we were. We were werewolves with the power to manipulate minds, and we were also known as Ghosts. It was because the first few werewolves with this power used to completely erase the memories of themselves from other people. Which means that they would be left with a vague imprint of meeting someone, but those people would never really be able to recall who they were, or what they did. So, the name came about and stuck.

Our basic abilities were to cast illusions and alter memories, not much past that. Each Ghost has a second ability, and those came randomly. Gabriel was a Complete Ghost, meaning he didn't have a second ability, but had total control of his own and other's minds. He was able to read minds, all the way to their subconscious minds -- stuff people don't even remember. He also had telekinesis, easy control of other's minds and the ability to manipulate feelings. The one thing about all this was that he isn't able to use any of this on Kaede. A Ghost's powers work on everything, expect for their mates.

Kaede had the ability to control thunder and lightning. Then, there's Cailin and Shea. Cailin had a strange ability to see the future to some extent. Shea was able to see and feel other's auras, and she'd learnt how to read them along the way.

As for me, I didn't really find it, it was more like it came to me. I had an affinity with animals, and from that, the existance of mythical creatures was revealed. So far, we've seen dragons, phoenixes, unicorns, pegasi, a griffin or two, a cerberus and a chimera. They were all friendly, and all took on the form of your everyday animals.

We travelled quite a bit in search of other Ghosts, but we'd found none even after two years. I did, however, manage to get a pet dragon. How? We were in Australia when a German Shepherd puppy came limping up to us. At first, we wanted to take it to a vet, but then it shifted. A cute little black baby dragon with golden eyes tried to set us on fire but that didn't work very well.

Clearly, we couldn't take it to a vet anymore, so we took him home and nursed him back to health. When we were trying to set it free, it wouldn't leave, so we adopted him. Of course, none of the pack really dared to go close to him at first, and he wouldn't let them. Naturally, the responsibility of taking care of him fell on to me. I named him Cyrus and he's usually in his German Sheperd form. He's not really a puppy anymore, but I still let him sleep on my bed.

************************************************************

It's been two years since Nolen and I'm happy, for the first time in my life. Kaede, Gabriel, Cailin and Shea are all wonderful friends and I couldn't have asked for better. No one bullies me anymore, and even if they wish to, they don't want to risk their asses getting fried by my fire-breathing dragon. Yup, life is good.

I was lying on the floor beside Cyrus, giving him a good scratch behind the ears. Cailin poked her red head out the study's door.

"Wynnie?"

"Hmm?" I replied, not looking.

"What was the name of your old pack again?" she asked.

My hand stilled on Cyrus's fluffy head and I narrowed my eyes at her, "Lumiere. What's up?"

"You might wanna see this."

She popped her head back in and I got up and walked to the study. Cyrus followed, his nails clicking on the floor and his metal collar jingled.

"Read this," Kaede instructed, motioning at the desktop monitor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Nolen Coal

To: Kaede Thunder

Subject: Requesting Help against Rogues