(Mask) first kiss

"Ugh I hate it alreeeady." Mask groans the minute you two step into the party.

"Hey," you take his hand, "It's gonna be okay, I know you hate these things but at least try it and if you don't like it, we can go home and read some comics?"

"Okaaaaay mom!" He forces out a shaky laugh trying to sound happy even though you could tell he was nervous, "Let's get a drink, we can avoid people for now, yeah?"

A few hours pass by and Mask was getting pretty nervous. The music, the flashing disco lights, the people. It was too much for him.

"Heeeey.." he takes your hand, "Um.. can we go upstairs please? I need a break.."

"Of course." He takes you upstairs into the bathroom, locking the door.

Standing in front of the mirror, he removes his mask and sighs, "Don't like parties.." he stares at his reflection.

You laugh and walk over to him, also looking at his reflection. "What can I do to help you calm down?"

"..kiss me.." he mumbles quietly, but you don't hear.

"Mask, I need you to speak up." You hug him from behind and you feel him sigh again.

He waits for a few seconds, "Kiss me."

Your heart skips a beat and you smile, "Turn around then." He does as he's told and faces you, leaning down and quickly kissing you.

He leans against the sink as you stand on your tip toes before pulling away. Your breathing slightly heavy.

"Better?"

"Y-yeah.. thank you." He awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.

You smile and sit in the bathtub, "We can stay here for now."

"Okay, I'd like that."

For the rest of the evening you stay in the bathroom, listening to the muffled songs and people laughing downstairs, occasionally kissing again but nothing more, nothing less, if Mask was happy so were you.