13

The first couple of days with being in the same house as me was not as difficult as I thought it would be. Adela kept her distance from me except when it came to eating. We were all forced to eat in the same table every morning and dinner, except for lunch that was when I would go out with my cousins and eat at the cafe.

"She's beautiful, do you mind if I?", my older cousin Elio asked me.

"I don't think you would want to...she has been around even with me", I said rolling my eyes.

"C'mon Mattia, you are telling me you would not want her again?", he laid down on the sand, "I mean look at her! bellísima", he puckered his lips and made a kiss sound.

I rolled my eyes and stood up to go inside the ocean for a bit, but as soon as I stood up Adela walked by and sat down next to Elio.

"Ciao Elio", she was wearing a two piece bikini with small cherries on them, her hair wrapped up in a messy bun and holding her towel. She had brought a basket of food with her.

I let out a sigh and went for a swim.

The ocean was bright blue and I was able to see below me, it was a beautiful day today. I swam for a bit until I heard a loud laugh coming from shore, I looked up and I saw Adela on top of Elio, they seemed to be play fighting.

Something in me felt off, I felt a bit of jealousy for no reason. I was taken back of why I felt so angry! Why am I getting upset that Elio is touching her?

I swam back to shore and grabbed my towel, drying off my hair and body.

"Amore, you should join us tonight!", Adela said, she must have gotten off of Elio and laid down on her towel.

"Yeah Mattia, Cynthia is going to be there!", Elio chipped in.

"Who's Cynthia?", Adela has asked.

"Why do you care?", I snapped.

"I'm just wondering...", her voice faded away.

"Don't be such a dick Mattia, it's his mistress Adela", Elio rolled his eyes at me.

"Shut up no she is not, and what is that you guys are going to do tonight?", I said, I was beginning to become annoyed with him.

"Whatever, well if you want to, we were all going to come back at the beach and play drinking games", Elio said standing up and dusting off the sand from himself.

He was taller than me by an inch and a skinny guy, he had short curly hair that sometimes would get in his face, he was very pale and handsome guy, yet we looked nothing alike. His face was more slim and his jaw was more chiseled as well as his cheekbones.

"It's going to be fun mattia, please come", adela stood up with him and grabbed the basket and her towel.

She held hands with Elio and walked back towards the town, I'm guessing they were going back to his house.

I stayed where I was standing and out of no where I felt someone out there hands over my eyes.

"What the fu-", I removed them and looked at who it was, there she was...her blond hair and green eyes. She looked beautiful as always, just at that moment I didn't feel as if she was attractive.

"ciao mattia!", she kissed my cheek.

"Cynthia, hey",I said calmly.

Her eyebrows furrowed together.

"Come with me to our old spot won't you?", she asked kissing my hands.

I nodded and we walked towards our old spot which was an abandoned old church, on top of a hill where we could see the town and the ocean.

We walked up there quietly without one of saying a word, until I opened the door for her of course she said thank you, but once we reached the top we sat down next to the window.

"You've changed Mattia", she said looking out the window.

"Why do you say such a thing?", I asked.

"You haven't once came over to my house to come get me like you have always before", she said, her voice became very low.

"I'm sorry I have a lot going through my head",I said.

"Oh", she said simply, "remember our first time up here when we did it".

"I think I should go Cynthia, maybe tonight we'll talk", I said. I did not want to talk about old memories, I wanted to be left alone with Adela, oh how I missed her so much since she left with Elio earlier today. I am just praying that she is not doing anything with him at this moment.

"Well alright", she said, she got up from her seat and walked out.

I stood up and looked out the window, I saw Cynthia walking away whipping her face and fanning herself with her hands, I felt bad that I had no longer feel anything towards her but as of right now all I could ever think about was Adela.

"HEY MATTIA!"

I had looked down and there was my love, she had screamed my name from down below, she no longer was wearing her bikini but a small white dress, she covered her eyes from the sun and waving at me with her other hand.

I smiled at her and ran down from the stairs and out the door. I ran to her and picking her up, she was smiling her priceless smile.

"I'm so sorry I've been such an awful person Adela, I really am, I love you too, I love you more and more-"

She cut me off by kissing my lips so softly, I missed her blissful lips, I kissed her as if I couldn't breathe, and she was my only source of oxygen.

"Bambino, hey it's okay", she held her small hands against my cheek.

I held her once more and put her down.

"Come let's go for a walk okay", she suggested.

I nodded and off we went walking towards a creek.