Chapter 12 Mixed Feelings

SilverWing POV

Dear Diary

Well, from all the missions. We were only able to rescue one Predacon bone. That kind of sucks. Anyway, today's been a really normal and boring day for everyone. There has not been any Decepticon activity. I didn't really care because this allowed me to think. I have this weird feeling whenever I'm around Ultra Magnus. So, I have been trying to avoid him lately, which is difficult when he lives under the same roof as I. I have an idea of what it could be, but I wish not to think about it too much.

***

I was bored out of my mind. I was sitting down on some empty crates. I was in the main room. I was so bored that I felt like dying. I feel like I was the only one not doing something. Wheeljack and Bulkhead left to who knows where. Arcee was with Jack. Ratchet was working. Bumblebee and Smokescreen were talking. Raf and Miko were playing video games. Ultra Magnus was outside. Finally, Optimus was on patrol.

"Urg, I'm so bored" I said.

"Why don't you go practice?" Ratchet suggested. I laughed.

"With?" I asked. He then pointed at the close closet.

"There's a punching bag that we managed to save from the old base" He said. I raised an eyebrow before standing up and walking to the closet. I opened it and saw the punching bag inside. I was surprised to see it intact.

"Whoa" I said, taking it out.

"I know, I know. Just go outside or practice in the corner" He said. I nodded. I then hung the punching bag on the corner of the main room. I didn't feel like going outside for one good reason.

'Ultra Magnus'

He was outside and didn't want him seeing me practicing. I placed a servo on the punching bag before forcing an uppercut into the bag. I smirked before throwing a few quick jabs at the punching bag, which may not seem too hard, but they were. I struck the bag with such force that I almost made the whole base move slightly.

"Nice hit" I heard a male voice say. I looked back to where the voice came from, and my optics widened when I saw him.

"Ultra Magnus... Uh, Thanks" I said. I then quickly walked away from the punching bag.

"Why did you stop?" He asked. I stopped in my tracks, thinking of the best excuse that I could give him. I couldn't tell him because he was here and I have been thinking about him a whole lot. I needed a better excuse.

"I stopped because knowing you, you will be attempting to correct my stance or how and where to hit" I lied. Well, I wasn't fully lying. He can be a control freak from time to time.

"Easy, soldier" Ultra Magnus snapped. I rolled my optics.

"You will respect those higher up than yourself" He said. I click my tongue.

'You know what? I don't care no more' I thought.

"What if I don't. I don't have too" I snapped back. I then turned around to be fully facing him.

"I will not let you look down on me" I said.

"I do not look down on you" He said. I rolled.

"Sure" I replied, leaning on the base wall. I could tell that we got the attention of the few bots and humans that were in the main room, but I didn't care.

"I always recognize good talent when I see it" He said.

"Of course, Commander Magnus! You don't see your soldiers as equals, do you?! You are their Commander! A high-rank officer! You know what? If I had the chance, I could kick your aft in a second, Ultra Magnus" I said.