Chapter Six

"I don't get it. You choose to be by yourself when I have invited you to sit with my friends so many times. Delilah and her friends going to come soon, so you won't be the only girl. Sit with us Ryan..."Star sat down at the cafeteria table where I was the only one sitting, forcing me to take my headphones out.

"No." I shrugged going to put my ear piece back in but stopping once I could feel his stare still on me.

"Look, I don't like them. I mean Delilah and Aiyden are okay I guess, but Rassad doesn't like me and you know that. Plus, I don't know anyone else. Everyone else I don't like their vibes, you know I'm big on-"

"You're big on vibes, I've known you almost all your life trust me, I know." He continued my sentence for me.

"It's true. My gut is always right. I overheard Paris and Jackie in the bathroom trying to convince Delilah to hop you for your money. I told you these females are all about 'needing a nigga to swipe them visas,' I mimicked the City Girls.

"What did Delilah say?" He frowned. I knew he really liked Delilah but they never seemed to get it right. Just like I, if I had someone he would like to be a high school sweetheart with someone. But with the arguments and drama from people always getting in their business it was hard for them to stay on.

"She told them to fuck off respectfully, and that the only thing she was going to hop on was your baby pinkie," I scrunched my face up as he straight faced me.

"She told them to fuck off respectfully, and that the only thing she was going to hop on was your  baby pinkie," I scrunched my face up as he straight faced me

"Nigga don't play with me." Going back to notebook to finish off my poems, it was snatched away from me as he took it and read it from me.

"Star! Stop." I reached over to him trying not to gain attention. Holding it higher, he mushed my head and once I gave up, he sat down with all his attention on my black book with pink threading.

"Ryan." His voice cracked.

"I know. Please don't.. not here."

"If you were feeling like this again, you should have told me. I don't need you hurting yourself." Moving closer to me he whispered. "You are a brilliant person, your soul is one of a kind. If I lost you, my world would be over. You're the best sister ever, I know sometimes you feel alone, but I thought it was better. You know if you need me to talk to me."

Ever since Star walked in on me at thirteen with a knife to my chest, planning to kill myself he was more protective than he ever was. I was always left out, bullied, and it was frustrating. Frustrating to talk and not have anyone understand you like you wanted them to. Star was always the closest to figuring me out, but I never felt 100% understood.

"I'm not thinking about doing it again. Sometimes I have depressing thoughts, I think as teenagers that's normal. I write about it, my poems, my short stories keep me busy. I talk with pen. I promised you I wouldn't leave you. I promise if anything, I'm coming to you.." I stared into his eyes, wiping the tear that fell from my eye, as did he.