𝓅ℴ𝓁𝒶𝓇ℴ𝒾𝒹

Chapter 8
~~~~~~~

When a polaroid camera has taken a photo it usually has a low buzz to it, this is the camera formatting the photo onto the film. And in this exact moment is the very sound I heard coming from the window beside me. Even a flash was visible through the thin, see through curtains. My body goes stiff and my heart feels cold and light. I slowly turn to Layla to see that she has the exact, fragile and scared look on her face.

"Did you hear that or am I still too drunk to function?" Layla whispers softly, I slowly nod my head signalling that I heard the exact thing she did.

"I think there is someone on the roof watching us." I reply slowly taking the quilt off from on top of me, turning my head to see nothing at the window.

"Should I check, I mean we might just be freaking ourselves out?" Layla says grabbing my forearm and pulling me back from the window. I mean with everything happening we could be.

"If you really want to, just don't get shot through the window please." I was shortly hit on the arm after saying that.

"Emma, don't say that. Now I don't want to, you do it." Layla states in her grumpy little girl voice she always does.

"Okay but if I get killed it's on you, got it?" Layla nods and I start moving for the window, the closer I get the more nervous I become, every step brings me closer to my death. I make it to the window and look at Layla to see she is doing the 'come on keep going' gesture, I roll my eyes. My cold hands reach for the lock on the window and pull the window frame up to get a better look outside. The chilling breeze of the night brushes on my face as I bring it closer to being outside of the house. Looking side to side from the outside I see nothing, but something in the distance catches my eye.

"Well that explains the flash of light that's sparked into our room." I sigh pulling my head out of the window to make eye contact with Layla who looked confused.
"Huh?" Layla's face crunched with confusion.

"The neighbours kids are messing around with a flashlight or some shit." I reply sitting back down onto bed.

"Oh, and the buzzing?" Layla asks lying back down. I honestly have no idea.
"Hm, maybe it was the ghost coming to haunt you for all of you SINS!" I laugh tickling her which causes her to laugh like a crazy person.

"OKAY STOP! BITCH STOP AND G-GO CLOSE THAT WIN-WINDOW ITS COLD!" Layla yelps through laughs, her face is so red and tears a streaming down her face.

"Fine you drama queen." I get off the bed and make my way to the window where I place my hands onto the glass screen to close the window when a large and strong hand grabs my wrist and yanks me forward with a strong pull. This caused me to slam my head hard against the wooden window frame hard. All of my hearing was off and a high pitch ringing was in my ears, but I could still hear the screams of Layla, she was petrified. I manage to yank my now bruised wrist away and land hardly onto the hardwood floor, Layla still screaming. I turn onto my side trying to focus my vision and holding me head to help with the pain. I hear Layla calling for Liam and Zayn and shortly after footsteps come running towards the room. I manage to get up to hear this.

"His getting in! Hit him!" Layla screams pointing towards the window then to her dads old baseball bat they they keep in this room, I guess it came into good use. I make my way over to the bed to hear the impact of the baseball bat collide with this mans face. There was so much yelling in the room that it made my headache worse. Looking over to the window I see the man fall back and fall of the roof.

"Holy shit Liam! Did you fucking kill him?" Zayn screams snatching the baseball bat out of Liams grasp and stomping over to the window, at this point I am crying uncontrollably, my breaths getting heavier and heavier by the minute. Layla held me while being on the phone to the police, crying just as much as I am.

"Zayn, is he still there." Liam asks walking over to the window. The mans silhouette can be seen getting up and running away. The boys instantly run down the stairs and out of the front door after the man.

My body won't stop shaking, the police are here questioning the boys, they lost him, he was too fast. Layla was talking to Sherif Tomlinson, from here it looked like a deep convocation, they kept looking and pointing in this direction. He called my mum and by what he said she sounded petrified, I hope this doesn't ruin her trip in New York. She needs the break. I keep looking back at the window where it happened, there was a crack in the glass where my head hit it. Lifting my hand to the side of my head I fell a huge lump, I whence as I touch it.

"Please tell my mum and Alex to not come home, Ill be fine." I mumble as Sherif Tomlinson walks towards me, a confused look formed on his face.

"I would of though the last thing you want now is to see them, love." His sits next to me, handing me a hot coffee. I take a sip, instant warmth takes over my body.

"It's just mum was so excited for this trip, to take a break of being a single parent. She tries her best to hide it but I see that it's the hardest thing she has ever done, thank you for the coffee." I say taking another sip. He looks a me with sympathy and sorrow.

"If you insist, I am sorry about your dad, I bet he was a great man, Emma." I smile at his statement and in return he rubs my shoulder in comfort. He gets up and starts to walk off.

"Wait! Sir what's going to happen and what do I do about my job, I start today." I ask standing up. Sherif Tomlinson turns around.

"Well we will do the best we can with the evidence we have to catch this man, and where do you work? I'll drop by and tell them you can't make it." He questions.

"Just at the bookshop on Jennings street, you know where the market is. And thank you sir." I think him.

"Please just call me Louis." He smiles and walks over to his other crew mates.

"Fuck what am I going to tell mum and dad?" Layla sighs falling down onto the bed next to me.

"The truth Layla, the truth."

~~~~~~
word count {1194}
:-0