𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓂ℴ𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝒶𝒻𝓉ℯ𝓇

Chapter 9
~~~~~~~~

I ended up getting escorted back home by one of the police men that was on site. I look over to the time dock in the police car to see that it was 5:00 am in the morning, the under eye bags were prominent on my face, I look like a mess. Layla didn't feel safe at her place so Liam offered her to stay back at his house, I don't blame her I wouldn't want to be there either. Her parents are making their way back as I speak, they must be worried sick, I can say the same about Alex and mum.

I begged them on the phone to stay, they gave in but now I have to call her whenever I am leaving the house or about to go to bed. And to answer her calls whenever she rings, which is completely understandable.

I groggily thank the kind police man and make my way onto my porch, unlocking the door and walking inside. The house was silent, giving off a cold and almost eerie omen. A single dancing light lit up the kitchen which I must of forgotten to turn off when I came in the get the drinks. As I walk through the door I place my keys on the hallway table and limply laid down onto the couch.

I can feel the tiredness inside me like a worm, slowly but draining my life. I'm alive, but I'm not really living. I hear, but I'm not really listening. Everything seems to move in a dragged pace, all submerged into a hazy fuzz that is my vision. I quickly check my phone to make sure that everything with Layla and the boys are fine, text my mum to say I am fine, then fell into a deep slumber.

Waking up can be really harsh, especially if your dreams are better than reality. Those dreams that you just can't shake they are that good. I used to have those a lot, now they are just a dark abyss. Bringing up my knuckles to my eyes to rub clears my sight enough to see my now bright surroundings. I extend my legs to get that, oh so lovely morning stretch. I have sat on this couch so many times but only now realised how uncomfortable it is to sleep on, the springs digging into my back.

I roll over grabbing my phone to check the time, squinting my eyes to help adjust to the bright, illuminated phone lock screen. The clock read 9:41 am, man only around 4 hours of sleep but somehow I am more awake than ever.

Getting up I make my way to the kitchen to make some breakfast, I haven't eaten since late last night and my stomach is practically eating itself. My hands grasp the pantry door, pulling it open scanning what food there is to eat. My eyes land on a loaf of bread, being the lazy cook I am, why not have some toast with q cup of coffee. Placing two bread slices in the toaster I start boiling the kettle.

I only now realise how lonely and quiet the house is without Alex and mum. Mum always has something to say, and let me tell you it's never boring! She goes into detail about random conspiracy theories she finds on her facebook and she used to live in a haunted house when she was little, those stories are so good. The noice of the toast popping up from the toaster interrupts my thoughts, scaring me I am not going to lie.

"Emma open up! It's Layla!" Layla's loud but muffled voice yells from the other side of my front door. Taking once last sip of my coffee I make my way over to the door.

"Hang on, I am coming." I unlatch the door, opening seeing Layla in her pjs.

"Love the fit babe." I giggle but my smile soon drops as shocked impression appears on her face, instantly worrying me.

"Holy shit! Your head Emma." She exclaims grasping at it, pushing down right where it hurts, I whimper.

"Ouch Layla, be careful!" I yelp making my way to the mirror to see a huge bruise just above my forehead, how didn't I notice this. I brush my fingers over the bruise, feeling a prominent bump under the skin. Must of been when the man slammed me into the window frame, I mean what else would of been from.

"Well let's hope that doesn't leave a scar." I say releasing and sight looking back over to Layla who is behind me.

"What do you mean, that would be a badass battle scar if you ask me." Layla argues making her way to the couch, it stings like a bitch.

~~~~~~
word count {841}

hey i know this is kinda short but I am posting two chapters and it was a bit long on one page so i split it up
Also thank you so much for over 400 reads! :'-)