𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎.

/Narrator/

Nasir cooed in his car seat watching the street lights fly past.

His father sped down the highway while his mother bit at her nails nervously.

"What if they're awake?" She asked her husband while looking back at Nasir."They won't be. We just gotta be quick and quiet. Don't be crying either."She nodded and turned her head back towards the road. It wasn't too long before they were riding through the familiar neighborhood where Nana Grace and Papa Steve lived.It was your usual black neighborhood, people lined the side walks or stood in groups, playing loud music, laughing and dancing despite the fact that it was going on 12:30 at night.They finally arrived at the front of the house. Nasir's mother got out of the car and got into the back seat to unbuckle the seat belt.She looked at her sons round face and big hazel colored eyes. "I hope you forgive us." She shed a single tear and slid out of the car."You ready?" He asked. She nodded her head and the pair walked up the stairs and onto the porch. She sat the car seat down right in front of the door and they both turned and got back into the car.
"It's better this way." Nasir's father mumbled as he started up the car and pulled off from the front porch, speeding down the street.

~~~

The next morning, Papa Steve got up for work and Nana Grace got up to make her husband breakfast. This was their usual routine. It was simple and full of love.

Nana Grace placed the big plate full of eggs, bacon, grits, toast, and sausage at Papa Steve's spot at the table then turned to wash the dishes and start the coffee. She loved her life that she created here in California. She was originally from Atlanta but moved to get away from her trouble and drama filled family. Once she announced her decision to move, she faced so much judgement and criticism from family members who swore she thought she was too good to be around them anymore. She loved her family but it just wasn't a good environment for her.

She packed up her bags and made her way to Compton where she met the move of her life, Steve. He was stricken when he first saw her walk into the post office that summer day. From that day forward, he told himself he'd be the one to put that beautiful smile on her face everyday.

They got married and had their daughter, Nasir's mother, Raven. The gave her a good home, supported her, and did the best job they could do as her parents but it just wasn't enough. She met Nasir's father, Trevante, when she was just 16 and he was 20. She chased behind him like a lost puppy and eventually they had Nasir.

"Good Morning Gracie." Steve kissed his wife's cheek and then sat at the table ready to dig in. "Morning Steve." She smiled placing his coffee mug down on the table.

"I forgot to grab the paper." He said shaking his head. He stood up from the table and walked to the front door and opened it. His facial expression changed from a happy one to one of shock. "Nasir?" He said staring at his grandson through the screendoor. Nasir just looked back up at him with those big eyes, shifting in his car seat.

Steve swung the screendoor open and snatched his grandson out of the carseat and held him tight. Who knew how long he'd been out there? "Gracie! Nasir is our here!" She peeked out from the kitchen seeing her husband craddle their Grandson close to his chest. "What?" She said as she walked out the door and onto the porch. They didn't even leave his diaper bag. Not even a can of baby formula or some clothes. She shook her head and grabbed the car seat stepping inside to join her husband and grandson on the couch.
Releasing: May 1st, 2020.

———————————————-
The creativity might've jumped out on this one. truly.