𝚁𝚎𝚍 𝙻𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

OCTOBER 23rd, 2020. 10:45 AM

 10:45 AM

NASIR

My phone vibrated under my pillow causing me to hop up from my deep sleep. My eyes were barely open and I couldn't see who was calling but I could put money on it that it was my grandmother.

"Nasir. I know you ain't still in bed." Her voice buzzed into my ears.

See?

"Nah, I was just uh watching TV." I yawned and sat up rubbing my eyes. I hope she was calling for something good. I needed this sleep.

"I need you to run me to the store today."

I mentally groaned before responding, "Aight Nana. I'll be over there."

We said our good byes and I tossed my phone on the floor before balling up under my blankets to avoid any future interruptions.

That didn't even matter though.

"Nasir? Hellooo? You ain't fall asleep that fast!" Jade shouted. I sucked my teeth.

"What?" I mumbled from under the covers.

"Did you forget? We got work to do!" She yelled. "You need to see Nola."

I sat up once again looking at Jade. "Why can't you just tell me what's wrong? Wouldn't that be easier than us doing all this back and forth shit?"

She rolled her eyes because of my cursing but I didn't really care. I was tired.

"It don't work like that.. just get dressed and go get her."

I hesitated at first but snatched the comforter off my body and went to get dressed.

~~~

I pulled up to the house and texted Nola letting her know I was out front. I say scrolling through my phone when I heard a door slam.

I looked up seeing Nola storm towards the car. Her arms were crossed and she had on these big ass sunglasses. She swung the door open and got in slamming it behind her.

"Damn, you got money to pay for that if it's broke?" I joked. She didn't say anything and never looked my way. She just sat there with her arms crossed.

Somebody's pissy today.

I pulled off and sped toward my grandmothers house. I would peek over at Nola taking quick glances but she never changed her pose. We pulled up to a red light so I looked at her again. This time I eyed her. This time I noticed a mark on her face. It was a purple-ish color.

"Nola what the fuck happened to your face?" She sighed and shook her head. "Nas just drive please."

I shifted the gear of the car into park as we sat at the light. "What are you doing Nasir?" She said looking back at the other cars behind us. They started beeping their horns because the light changed but I ain't really give a fuck. I need to know what's going on.

"What happened to your face Nola?" I asked once more. She sighed and sat back in her seat. "Don't act like you care. I been invisible all this time." She mumbled.

What is she talking about?

I balled my face up looking at her. "Huh?" She sucked her teeth and looked right at me. She had on those huge, dark sunglasses but I could feel her eyes piercing my skin.

"You left me Nas. You forgot all about me. You started makin bank and it's like I became an after thought. We were bestfriends..and you just dropped me like it was nothin. All for some funky ass money." She spilled her feelings out to me. I ain't even know what to say. I couldn't dent it because it was the truth and I've always hated myself for it.

"Look, I cant change that because it's the past. But i'm here now..I care about you Nola. You my bestfriend despite all that shit."

She still sat there looking at me. It was dead silent. Aside from cars beeping their horns and speeding past us of course.

I sighed and put the car in drive, so I could get to my grandmothers house. since we got there We both got out of the car without saying a word.

~~~Y'all probably hate me lol

~~~
Y'all probably hate me lol..
my life been hectic lately and i've finally found the energy and tone to write.
vote, comment some feedback or sumn, put me on to some stories.. <3

BTW..i did not proofread so excuse any typos/mistakes..lmk if you find any.