𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢.

4 YEARS LATER..OCTOBER 22nd, 2020 11PM

OCTOBER 22nd, 2020 11PM

NASIR

I looked over the block one more time before I decided to go back inside. Shit seemed off lately and I wasn't gon get caught lackin. That's the number one rule. "Fuck y'all doing?" I asked walking into the living room. Quan and Bryson were huddled over Quan's phone screen.

"We scopin' out the moves for your birthday nigga. Ain't you tired of workin for once?" Bryson asked looking up from the phone. "Nah, I ont never get tired of money! Speaking of which I'm bout go make this drop." They knew I hated celebrating anything. It didn't matter what it was. I lost the joy in life a while ago, I'm just waiting for my time to be up.

"You so motherfuckin' boring. " Quan said "You ain't trynna see wassup with the bitches?" I shook my head as I put all the bricks in my bookbag. "Nah cuh. I'm bout to make this drop and then Imma stop pass my grandmother house." They sucked their teeth watching me walk out the front door.

"I'll get up with y'all tomorrow!" I slammed the door and got into my car. I played music on my phone as I sped down the street. It felt like a regular-ass day if we being honest. I almost forgot about my birthday was today until Nana called. The last few years have been something else. I moved out of my grandparent's house and I worked my ass off to make a name for myself out here in these streets. Everybody knows who I am now, but I still keep my distance you know? I made so much money in the last four years that I had to get smart quick. I put some money to the side every so often for emergencies. Quan and Bryson taught me so much and I was good at it so eventually I surpassed them. I had customers everywhere.

I pulled up at the meetup spot to wait for the text. As I sat in the car, I couldn't shake this feeling that I had. Something was off but was I gonna let that get in the way of my money? Fuck no. I finally got the text so I hopped out of the car, grabbing my bag. I walked to the corner just like we planned and leaned against the brick building looking around in the dark for the mystery person. I ain't really do business with this person before so I ain't know what they looked like.

"Aye, Nas?" I turned and came face to face with a brownskin nigga who had some grey hairs in his facial hair. He had on a cap and was dressed in all black. "Wassgood? You got it?" He pulled out the money letting me know he had it. I held out my hand for the money and he placed it in my hand. I passed him the bag and was just about to leave when I felt the feeling of cold metal on the back of my neck.

"You a dumb ass nigga." The voice spoke from behind me. "I ain't dumb, I just don't have no fear." It was true, I changed a lot. I used to fear being alone, I used to wonder why my parents left, and I used to wonder why my grandfather had to die, why did he leave my grandmother and me? I realized that shit just happens and ain't nothing we can do about that. I knew what I was getting myself into when I started this shit so I wasn't surprised somebody would pull somethin like this. I moved alone because niggas bleed like I bleed. What can a human do to make me afraid?