𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢. (𝟸)

OCTOBER 22nd, 2020. 11:45pm

 11:45pm

NOLA

My feet literally felt like they were dragging as I walked up the walkway of my house. I'm beyond tired. You're probably wondering what's going on in my life currently right?

Well, I graduated from Clark with a perfect GPA. Accolades and all. I joined so many orgs on campus and still balanced it all. Despite my success, it's been tough getting a job. Nothing prepared me for post college life at all. This was a whole new monster. Aside from that, I'm currently in a "relationship". Cute right? No. I despise this man but he just won't let me go. He's insane. I never imagined things turning out the way they did. I should've went to Nana Grace's house before I came home. I rolled my eyes pulling my keys out and unlocking the door. I pushed the door open and there he was, sprawled out on the couch as usual. He had liquor bottles scattered throughout the living room and on the tv was an NBA game.

I met Brandon in college. He was sweeter back then. Until he wasn't. Once he lost his athletic scholarship, shìt went south. He got aggressive and angry. He would stay with his friends while I was in class and once I graduated, he "surprised" me with this new place in my hometown. He pushed his way into my life and did his best to keep tags on me. I tried to tell him no but he wasn't taking that for an answer. I shook my head as I went up to the bedroom. At least it was clean there. I tossed my purse on the bed and kicked off my shoes.

I currently work at this office building as a receptionist. I was answering and returning calls, filing, and walking through the aisles delivering paperwork. Everyday. It didn't help that I had a uniform so heels were apart of my daily wardrobe. I sat down on my bed and used my finger tips to massage my scalp. This is is gettin tiresome.

I let my mind wander and somehow I ended up with Nas in my head. Again. Thinking of him I realized that today was his birthday.

I never spoke to him again after I left for school so I had no idea how he was or what he was up to. I didn't wanna ask Nana Grace about him whenever we had our quick chats cause it just felt weird. Plus Brandon would be pissed if he heard me talking about a nigga. Maybe I should stop by the house tomorrow.

My phone began ringing and I looked down seeing Nana Grace's contact picture appear on my screen. I smiled a little as I pressed the green answer button.
"Hey Nana Gracie!" I was happy to hear from her. But she didn't sound like herself.

"Hey Nola, I was just wondering if you heard from Nas by any chance." My heart skipped a beat hearing someone say his name. I still had that lil tingle that I felt when I first met him in elementary school.

"I haven't, is everything okay?" "He was supposed to be here a while ago. He's never late coming to see me and I'm worried." I took a deep breath. I assume he's still up to the same shit as four years ago. "I'm on my way. We can wait for him together." We said goodbye and I stripped out of my clothes so I could take a quick shower.