CHAPTER 6: Imagination

Song: Imagination by Shawn Mendes
I keep craving, craving you
Don't know it but it's true
Can't get my mouth to say the words
They wanna say to you

This is typical of love
I can't wait anymore
I won't wait I need to tell you
How I feel when I see us together forever

In my dreams, you're with me
We'll be everything I want us to be
And from there, who knows
Maybe this will be the night that we kiss
For the first time
Or is that just me and my imagination

Hannah sang along to the song as she drove to Katipunan Ave., where there had been a major robbery at a jewelry store.

Her 28-day vacation had come to an end and she just got back to the Philippines last night feeling refreshed. Detective Hannah Robles was back as hell. She pulled up her black Peugeot 5008 at the parking lot outside the robbed store. The 10 o'clock sun greeted her as she stepped out of her car as she smiled widely. "What's buggin' Philippines?" she said out loud.

She adjusted her badge by her belt, put on her bomber jacket, adjusted her ponytail, flipped her notepad and fidgeted her pen as she made her way to the store.

"Good morning detective." Blue, the same police officer back at the 21 Billion drug raid, greeted her.

"Morning Blue Skies! What do we have here?"

"Well, the security camera shows a male suspect, about 5'9" in height. He was wearing a black mask. He bypassed the alarm by using a magnetic kill switch."

"He only stole diamonds, nothing over two karats." Hannah finished the report for him.

"Yeah, exactly, how did you know?" Blue asked her, amazed.

"I busted the guy two years ago and now that he just got released from jail, I bet he's onto it again. The crime scene matches his emo perfectly." Hannah stated. "Where can I see the security footage?"

"It's at the back office, I can accompany you there, detective."

"Sure. Thanks."

"This guy just walked near the store minutes after the incident. So we suspected it was him." Blue informed her.

"Hmm. That's not him, but how come his emo matches the other guy's emo? Something's not right. I have a big feeling the perp I arrested had done this. Maybe we can see him in another angle?"

"Sorry detective, but that's the only angle we have." Blue told her but was interrupted by a phone call.

Hannah was suspicious. Maybe they had mistaken the guy. She knows too well, it was her perp who had done this.

"Well, I guess this case is closed detective, they had arrested the perp and is now being turned over at the precinct. That was the office giving me an update." Blue stated to her.

"Hmm. Okay? But can I get the arrest report when we come back at the office?"

"Sure, detective." Blue replied and separated ways as Hannah rode her car to the precinct and Blue riding the police car he had come with.

~~

"Here's the report you asked for, detective." Blue tapped the folder at her desk, greeting her with a smile.

"Thanks for this." Hannah responded, stood up, tapped the policeman's shoulder, and went straight to the Captain's office.

~~

"Interesting. But we can't just arrest someone without solid evidence. Maybe this is just a coincidence." Captain Romero commented as Hannah explained to him the emo that had perfectly matched, and her perp being released just a week ago.

"It can't be. I know it's him. But we can't really just establish the connection. Maybe he was there but was not caught in the camera." Hannah insisted.

"Or maybe, we arrested the correct guy but your perp was the one behind this. They became friends at the prison and they both got released just a week ago. They had the whole jail time to plan this robbery. And thanks to the security camera, the other was caught." A voice from the door stated, which caused Hannah and the Captain to turn their heads to look at the person who was talking.

In my dreams, you're with me
We'll be everything I want us to be
And from there, who knows?
Maybe this will be the night that we kiss
For the first time

It was as if the song she played earlier in her car had resurfaced in her head.

Or is that just me and my imagination

—————
send me your thoughts 💭