CHAPTER 17: Safe with You

Song: Safe with you by Delaney Jane

Thought I would regret coming to this party
Empty bottles left, I don't know nobody but
I feel safe with you, I feel safe with you

People poppin' pills, powder on the counter
Ain't my type of thrill, all these ups and downs
but I feel safe with you, I feel safe with you

Feels like Feels like I knew you in a past life
The way we vibin', you and I just seem so natural
And every time I felt like this before
Everybody make me wanna find the nearest door
Always askin' myself, "What the fuck I really came here for?"
Maybe you're the one that I've been lookin' for
Lookin' for

Thought I would regret coming to this party
Empty bottles left, I don't know nobody but
I feel safe with you, I feel safe with you
People poppin' pills, powder on the counter
Ain't my type of thrill, all these ups and downs
but I feel safe with you, I feel safe with you

Hannah heard someone singing with the music. The voice sounded familiar. She gently opened her eyes.

'Where am I? This isn't my room.' She mentally commented and gently moved from her position to look for the person singing a while ago.

"Tods?" She said as she found a person sitting on the couch with her eyes closed, humming.

The other girl quickly opened her eyes when she heard Hannah speak, stood up and grabbed a glass of water from the bedside table.

"Oh, you're awake na pala. Here, have some water." The other girl gently offered Hannah the glass of water. Hannah drank it without hesitation.

"Tods, where am I? What happened? How long was I asleep?" Hannah asked after she finished drinking the glass of water.

The other girl just chuckled. "Isa-isa lang." And grabbed the empty glass Hannah was holding and put it in the bedside table. She grabbed a chair and got seated on Hannah's side. Hannah was just waiting for her answers.

The other girl breathed deeply. "First of all, I'm not Tods. Wow. She's still using that codename?" The Salazar-lookalike exposed and chuckled.

"Codename?" Hannah asked curiously.

"You're in my condo, in Taguig." The other girl continued to answer the first set of questions, dismissing the new one Hannah had asked. "You passed out after I stabbed Felipe. Don't worry, he's fine, he's in the hospital now together with his boss Mason Fire. They're under police custody." The girl explained. "You passed out at around 11 o'clock last night and it's 9 o'clock in the morning now, so you've been asleep for 10 hours. Are you hungry na? I cooked us breakfast."

Hannah still had a lot of questions inside her head but the other girl's last statement reminded her she was on empty stomach. She had not eaten dinner last night.

"Hold your questions first, I'll patiently answer them." The Salazar-lookalike stated as if she has just read her mind. "Come up." She extended her hands for Hannah to grab, which Hannah politely accepted.

'Aray.' Hannah mentally exclaimed, but recovered anyway. It was as if a million electrical waves just rushed through her system as she held hands with the other girl. 'Ngayon lang 'to ah.' Hannah thought but dismissed it anyway – she was very hungry.

Both the girls headed to the dining table. "I hope you like tortang talong and sardines with itlog." The other girl said. "I'm sorry. I haven't been to the grocery yet."

"To be honest, I haven't really tried both of that, yet." Hannah honestly admitted.

"Talaga?" The other girl asked. "Well, it's about time you try it." She said with a wide smile.