CHAPTER 8: Closure

Hannah sighed as she looked at her phone one last time before putting it in her pocket. It was five o'clock in the afternoon and her shift just ended and somehow, she had recovered from the Salazar slash Mystery Newspaper Girl incident in the morning. She was thankful that the other girl's presence didn't bother her so much at all despite admitting just 3 weeks ago to her sister that she had liked the mystery girl.

What actually bothered her is that Prince had finally texted her just this morning during the little coffee-lunch break at Starbucks. As a promise to her sister, she had grabbed the opportunity to meet with Prince and discuss what had happened to their relationship, and maybe finally get the closure they both deserved.

So here she was, about to start her car as she fished her denim jacket at the back and wore it around her waist, as she had just received Prince's text on wherever they were about to meet. It was at this fancy restaurant where they had always gone for dinner whenever their time permits it. She sighed again, and slowly drove to the place.

"Good evening ma'am. Are you with someone?" A wait attendant approached her as soon as she had stepped in the vicinity.

"Yes po. I'm here for Prince Lee's reservation."

"Oh! Right this way ma'am. Your date had just arrived a couple of minutes before you." The wait attendant stated and Hannah cringed at the word 'date'. Maybe because it has been three months since she actually heard the word.

"Thanks." She replied, nonetheless.

"Hi Hannah, flowers for you." Prince greeted her as she approached their table.

"Uh, thanks." She awkwardly replied.

Thankfully, Prince had ordered their food already, so their food arrived just in time as she had made her way to her seat. 'Thank goodness. Less time with this guy.' She honestly didn't know where that thought had come from, but there's nothing much she can do about it, it was actually true.

They proceeded to eat their dinner peacefully. She had finished her dinner before Prince did and she proceeded to gulp some water because she had felt the awkwardness she was supposed to feel moments ago, now that she had nothing to do, and she thought that it would be disrespectful if she'd use her phone. So she just wandered her eyes around the restaurant until Prince had spoken, signifying that he had finished his dinner.

Prince poured themselves a glass of wine each. "Cheers?" He said as he offered the other glass to Hannah.

"Cheers." Hannah clicked Prince's glass and both of them chuckled a little.

"I missed this." Prince finally opened the conversation, and looked at Hannah in her eyes.

Hannah just smiled painfully.

"I'm sorry Hannah. I've been an asshole."

Hannah just looked straight into his eyes with sadness, waiting for him to explain further.

"I'm sorry. I was so scared to hurt you that I distanced myself only to realize I already did. I'm such an asshole. I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve any of this." Prince confessed at the brink of tears.

Hannah just listened to him intently, careful enough not to ruin his moment.

"Five months ago, I was arranged, for the sake of the company. I didn't tell you." Prince explained.

"God, I should've told you. Why am I such an asshole?" He added.

"Hey." Hannah held his hands. "It's okay. Go on." Hannah assured him.

"I was arranged with my high school sweetheart, Dennise." He continued. "And we started seeing each other again. God I'm such an asshole."

Hannah just looked at him intently, eyes also near to crying. "And you two both rediscovered your youth. And after a few dates you realized your feelings for each other got deeper, or never really left." She finished the explanation for him.

"Yeah." That was all Prince could answer.

"You don't know how I was so lost during that time Prince. You were everything to me." Hannah stated.

Prince was just silent.

"I didn't know what to do. I was so used to you being there. I was lonely." Hannah admitted. "But actually, I'm okay now. I never really had hard feelings for you."

Her last sentence made Prince raise his gaze.

"I'm actually thankful we still made time to meet each other after everything that we went through. Thank you for everything." Hannah said.

"Yeah. Thank you. So who's the new guy?" Prince just still knows her too well.

Hannah laughed. "There's no new guy."

"Seryoso ka? I still know you too well, Hannah."

Hannah smiled widely. "Sabi ko nga, there's no new guy. Only a new girl."

"No shit!" Prince almost yelled. "She must be super hot. I can't wait to meet her." He added excitedly.

Hannah just laughed. "Actually, we just knew each other this morning."

"What? Seriously?!" Prince exclaimed.

"But I met her at Starbucks twice already. We were sharing a table both those times, only to find out that she's my partner now." Hannah said.

"A detective? Hannah, you're so whipped." Prince said chuckling.

"That's what my sister said."

"So your sister knows?" Prince can't believe everything that was divulging.

"Yes. My whole family, actually, and I thank the universe for having such support system."

"Add me on the list. I'll always be here to support you. No hard feelings." Prince stated.

Hannah's heart just fluttered at the statement. The night had turned out fine, far from what she had expected. Prince was still a gentleman even after everything that has happened to them.

"Thank you. Thank you for the closure." Hannah said wholeheartedly.

"Thank you. You take care always, okay? You can always still count on me." Prince said, stood up, and opened his arms as if asking for a hug.

Hannah looked at him, stood up, and reciprocated the hug. It was a great feeling after everything that had happened today.