CHAPTER 21: Feelings

Hannah opened her eyes as she felt the sunrays peeping through the blinds.

"Hmmm. That smells so yummy!" She exclaimed as she smelled something cooking the kitchen. It immediately made her got out of bed and head straight to the kitchen.

She saw Sam in a black tee and denim shorts underneath her navy blue apron. Her back was facing Hannah - she was busy cooking and was singing heartily. She didn't even notice Hannah standing by the dining table.

Song: Feelings by Lauv
Is my love too much?
Is it just enough for you, for you?

Hannah watched Sam sing to the new song that had just played through the bluetooth speakers she placed on the kitchen counter. The other girl still had no idea someone was already watching her, she was still too engrossed in her cooking.

'Cause it's getting late, would you like to stay 'Cause I'm bad at reading signs

But I, I wanna do whatever you wanna do
If you wanted to, girl, we could cross that line
Know we've been friends
And love only knows broken ends, yeah
That's what you said but girl let me change your mind

Hannah was just watching Sam adorably. The other girl had just used her ladle as microphone. 'Too cute.' Hannah mentally commented.

Mm, mm
Mm, mm, mm
Mm, mm
'Cause feelings are hard to find

Sam continued singing with her ladle as she finally transferred whatever she was cooking to a clean container, and took off her apron.

Mm, mm
Mm, mm, mm
Mm, mm
Feelings are hard

Her singing was interrupted when Hannah just hugged her at her back. Hannah didn't know where she got the energy to just lunge at Sam and hug the girl – maybe, just maybe, she had really fallen that hard to the point that other times her heart doesn't coordinate with her mind anymore.

Sam was shocked on the other end; it was the first time Hannah had initiated a hug. But she recovered right away. She placed her ladle on the counter and turned around to face Hannah. She hugged the other girl back and placed a kiss on her forehead – she can do that with ease given their height difference.

"Good morning, babe. I cooked us chicken adobo." Sam gently said to Hannah.

Hannah was still surprised of her sudden action, it somewhat made her shy. She pushed her face towards Sam and murmured. "Good morning."

Sam chuckled, she knew Hannah became conscious. "Hey, it's okay. You can hug me anytime." She assured. "Let's eat na before the adobo gets cold."

Hannah nodded and broke the hug. She smiled sweetly at Sam before heading to the dining table, Sam followed shortly bringing the adobo she had cooked.

"Hmm. Galing galing mo talagang magluto Sam!" Hannah commented as she munched her food.

Sam just chuckled. "Papasa na ba?"

"For? Are you gonna study culinary arts?" Hannah replied.

Sam almost spitted out her food. Hannah didn't get the banat she just said. She mentally chuckled. Hannah was too innocent, too precious. She instead said "Some other time."

"Wow! You should! And by that time we'll make our own kandilerya." Hannah dreamily said.

Sam laughed. "You mean karinderya?"

"Yeah. That's what I said, right?" Hannah replied innocently.

Sam just shook her head. "Ka-rin-der-ya." Sam said slowly.