CHAPTER 9: Tightrope

Song: Tightrope by Michelle Williams
Some people long for a life
That is simple and planned
Tied with a ribbon
Some people won't sail the sea
Cause they're safer on land
To follow what's written
But I'd follow you to the great unknown
Off to a world we call our own

Hand in my hand and we promised to never let go
We're walking the tightrope
High in the sky
We can see the whole world down below
We're walking the tightrope
Never sure, never know how far we could fall
But it's all an adventure
That comes with a breathtaking view
Walking the tightrope

Hannah's singing was interrupted by phone call. It was 10 in the morning on a Saturday and it was her day off. She decided to call her sister Sophia a couple of minutes ago but she didn't answer. So she decided to shuffle some music until she was interrupted by Sophia's call.

"I'm so sorry little sis, I missed your call a while ago. It's three in the afternoon here and I just busted my

way out of work. I'm free to talk now." Sophia greeted her as she answered the call.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." Hannah said, feeling guilty.

Sophia chuckled. "Don't be. What is it? Is everything okay?"

"Well..." Hannah began. "You said I'd call you if Prince and I had the talk, right?"

"Yep. So, did guys have it?"

"We talked. Yesterday." Hannah stated.

"And how did it go?"

"It was actually fine. We settled it peacefully. It was actually far from what I expected." Hannah said, chuckling.

"Awwe. That's great. Did he tell you what happened? Why did he ghost you anyway?" Sophia asked.

"Well..." Hannah hesitated, but continued anyway. "Actually, five months ago, he was arranged. He didn't tell me."

"Gosh. If I was there, I could've told him he's an asshole." Sophia commented.

Hannah chuckled. "Funny because he's been repeating that line for God knows how many times."

"Good that he knows."

"Anyway..." Hannah continued. "So yeah, he told me he was arranged to his high school sweetheart." Emphasizing the last words.

"Oh my gosh! Seriously?"

"Yeah, he hesitated on telling but I kinda finished it for him. That their feelings for each other had come back, and that." Hannah said.

"Wow. So brave of you." Sophia chuckled.

"Yeah. Because I had no hard feelings for him. And we finally had our closure. I don't know. I should be mad, right? But I was not."

"Maybe because you also have someone else?" Sophia chuckled.

"That's what he said after I told him no hard feelings." Hannah chuckled along. "He asked me 'who's the new guy'. He still knows me too well, though."

Sophia laughed. "Was there a new guy?"

"No, silly." Hannah paused. "Only a new girl." She admitted, blushing.

"Oh my gosh! You've fallen that hard for mystery newspaper girl already?!" Sophia exclaimed.

Hannah just burst out laughing. "Remember when you also said that I have to call you when I finally exchanged names with the mystery newspaper girl?"