CHAPTER 13: Sims

She's been driving around Taguig City, where the Captain's house was located, for almost two hours now when she finally convinced herself that she needed a drink or two. She went straight to a bar in Bonifacio Global City and pulled her car up in the parking lot. 'Ugh. Too many people.' She mentally stated as she looked at the people coming in and out the place. It was only eleven o'clock and she decided to take a nap in her car first before actually heading to the bar, hoping that by the time she woke up, there'd be lesser people. She reclined the driver's seat and nap, she did.

'Shit.' She groaned as she felt her back aching lightly from her position. 'Shit.' She mentally cursed again. "What time is it?" She said to herself as she tried to find her phone. "2AM?!" She shouted loudly in surprise. "Well, I really needed that drink, though." She said again and quickly fixed herself before heading to the bar, which thankfully has lesser people now.

She immediately proceeded to the bar counter and seated herself in one of the stools. "Give me your finest gimlet please." She said to the bartender and the bartender obliged so.

She slowly sipped her gimlet and felt her veins electrified. "Wow! This is good!" She exclaimed to the bartender as she finished her glass. The bartender only smiled in response.

"Can I get one more please." She said to the guy and he did so.

She sipped it slowly as she felt her veins electrified once again. It was so good, she decided she needed another.

A couple of minutes after her second glass, she began to feel tipsy but she needed another glass, anyway. "Bartender" She calls. "One last glass, please." The bartender gave her a glass of gimlet once again and she slowly sipped the contents when she felt a person sit next to her.

"Sup dig snygg." The person said to her. "Drink yourself, beautiful. That's your third glass in just a span of twenty minutes." The person noted. "If you're not celebrating, you're heartbroken. Which one are you?"

Hannah turned sideways and looked at the person. The person was wearing an army green top beneath her denim jacket, paired with black pants, completed with black Doc Marten's, and was wearing eyeglasses.

"Salazar." She said which made the other person tense up a bit but recovered anyway.

"What's up?" Salazar asked. "Are you celebrating or are you heartbroken?"

Hannah chuckled painfully.

"So I guess it's the latter, huh?" Salazar rhetorically stated.

"I don't know. I don't know what to feel about it."

"What about it?" Salazar asked.

"I don't even know if this is love or infatuation."

Salazar smiled painfully. "So what happened?"

"She's with someone. She has a fucking girlfriend."

"So it's a she?" Salazar asked rhetorically again.

"I don't know. I can't even sort if this is love or just a crush, it's too early to tell. But one thing's for sure. It kinda messed me up when she introduced her girlfriend. They're together for three years now. Three fucking years. Anong panlaban ko d'on?" She tearfully said to the other.

Salazar just looked at her painfully and finished her drink for her. "I'm sorry for what you felt."

"Don't be. You go on and live your life. I'll recover eventually." She smiled painfully.

They became silent for a moment as Salazar slowly finished Hannah's drink while Hannah was just slouching on her seat leaning on the bar counter.

"Hey." Salazar called her. "Why don't I sing you a song?"