CHAPTER 10: Compound Compromise

"Robles, Salazar. You have a case." The Captain called their attention with full authority in his voice. It was almost six o'clock which would've marked the end of their shift but duty was always a number one priority.

Hannah and Salazar immediately followed the Captain to his office.

"Compund compromise. We have a hostage situation." Captain Romero said firmly.

"What? Where?" Salazar almost immediately replied.

"In a convenience store near Espanya."

"Is there any other information, sir?" Hannah responded this time.

"That's all we have. A bypasser just reported the situation because he hinted there was something wrong, and that's when he saw a man with a gun scavenging the POS machine. But we don't actually know if there were more armed men inside."

"Okay. We'll just figure our way around. We would need backup, sir. But tell them not to wail their sirens so that we could sneak in peacefully." Salazar suggested.

"Okay. Take care of your selves. Dismissed." The Captain replied.

Hannah and Salazar immediately made their way to the parking lot.

"We'll just take my car so you don't have to drive." Salazar insisted and Hannah didn't argue because time was of the essence. So they immediately made their way to Salazar's white Peugeot and headed to the crime scene.

'Weird. I thought she said she was also driving a black Peugeot 5008?' Hannah thought. 'Well, maybe I heard her wrong. Or maybe she has another car.' She mentally answered her question, dismissing her confusion.

Salazar's car smelled like black ice and it spiked up her adrenaline heading to Espanya.

"We can't go through the front door, they might see us. The others will circle the perimeter once they get here." Salazar stated.

"We'll just head through the back, then. There must be a back door. We just have to wish it's open." Hannah replied and they both headed to the back and immediately spotted the door.

"Great." Salazar said as she headed to the door to try to twist the knob to see if it was open. "It's open!" She exclaimed silently.

They silently made their way through the door and were escorted to a stockroom.

"Sabi nang 'wag kang iiyak-iyak d'yan eh!" A guy exclaimed. "'Di ka pa ba tapos d'yan Peter?"

"Malapit na boss. Paolo, ano? May nakakapansin ba sa atin?" A guy answered, which they immediately assumed was Peter.

"'Di naman tayo nahahalata eh. Hindi nila alam na may nangyayari na sa loob." Another guy answered, it was probably Paolo.

"So we have three guys. Boss, Peter, and Paolo." Hannah noted. "What do we do now?"

"Peter is probably the man rummaging the POS machine and Paolo is the lookout, so that means Boss is the one watching the hostages and is free to move anywhere. We have to roll this can so we'll catch his attention here. Once he heads here, we have to trap him." Salazar analyzed.

"I assume Paolo has no gun, because he's just by the door. The bypassers will suspect something if he has a gun, so he probably doesn't have any." Hannah suggested. "That leaves atleast two armed men, Peter and Boss."

"Great thinking. Once I roll the can, I'll tackle him and you proceed to catch Peter. I'll take care of Paolo after." Salazar answered before rolling the can. The can collided with a metal shelf which made a terrible sound.

"Ano 'yon Boss?" Paolo questioned.

"Teka, sisilipin ko. Bantay ka lang d'yan. Peter, tapusin mo yan."