Chapter 2: The First Meeting

Do vote and comment ❤️❤️

As usual, I was getting ready for college. Another day, more lectures to sit through. I silently prayed, asking God to keep any trouble far away and to watch over my parents' health. Once Aditi arrived, we left together, catching the bus. Our usual chit-chat filled the time, and the day seemed perfect.

When we finally settled into our lecture, the teacher started teaching, but Aditi was too busy drawing a heart with an arrow instead of paying attention.

"Aditi, at least pretend to take notes. What if the teacher sees your doodles?" I said, trying to sound serious.

"You call this timepass? Darling, this is my heart, beating for that guy who asked for our names yesterday," she replied dreamily.

"Are you insane, Adi? Stop thinking about him and focus on your studies." I didn't want her to get caught up in pointless crushes, especially not on someone random.

"Sorry, Mom. It won't happen again. Please forgive me!" she said, mock-apologizing like a child caught by their mother.

"Apology accepted," I replied, and we both burst out laughing.

Suddenly, the teacher's voice cut through our laughter.
"Who stole your heart, Miss Aditi?" she asked, her stern gaze locking on Aditi. We both froze.

Aditi was ready with a sassy response, but I quickly stepped in.
"Sorry, ma'am. It won't happen again," I said before she could get us in more trouble. The teacher gave a warning and moved on.

"I told you," I said, giving Aditi a sweet, but stern, look. After all, she's my better half.

She just chuckled, and we turned our attention back to the lecture, actually listening this time.

After the last lecture, we packed up and left the classroom. Aditi headed to the washroom while I waited for her downstairs, scrolling through my phone. That's when it happened—he bumped into me.

(AN: Yes, you guessed right, this is our beloved hero!)

My phone slipped from my hand, but he caught it just in time. I exhaled in relief—if it had fallen, I would've died inside.
"I'm sorry," he said, handing my phone back.

"It's okay, no problem," I said, smiling politely and ready to walk away.

"And sorry for yesterday, too. My friend shouldn't have asked those unnecessary questions," he added, looking straight into my eyes.

"No problem," I replied. It was just an apology, and I didn't want to seem rude.

"Bye, then. Meet you soon," he said with a smile.

Meet me soon? No, thank you. Why would I ever want to meet him again?

(Little did Maya know, he was going to be a part of her life soon.)

"Oh my God! He looked so handsome when he smiled!" Aditi said, suddenly appearing behind me and placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Let's go," I said, hoping to avoid any more conversation about him.

"Not so fast! Tell me, did he ask you out? Did he propose? I'm so happy—finally, you have a guy in your life!" Aditi teased, her excitement bursting out.

"Are you done with your fantasies? Can I talk now?" I said, rolling my eyes.
"He just bumped into me—"

"What a romantic way to start a conversation!" she interrupted. "I already like him for you. You should give it a try!"

"Shut up. Let's leave," I said, trying to end the discussion. We started walking, with Aditi continuing to tease me. Oh God, please make her forget this incident.

Suddenly, a car pulled up beside us, and out came him—the guy who had bumped into me.
"By the way, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Aditya," he said, casually taking his hand out of his pocket for a handshake. Seeing my hesitation, he pulled his hand back. "No problem," he added, trying to be respectful.

Before I could respond, Aditi, ever the enthusiastic one, shouted,
"Her name's Maya! And I'm Aditi!" She beamed, clearly thrilled by the interaction. Now, more than ever, I feared this girl's enthusiasm.

"Okay then, Maya, Aditi—bye for now," he said, smiling again before driving off.

"Girl, what's with the attitude? He just wanted your name, and you couldn't even say it!" Aditi teased.

"Aditi, you know I don't have attitude. I just don't want to get involved in these things. My parents trust me," I explained, and she finally dropped the subject.

As we headed home, I couldn't stop thinking—why did he come back just to introduce himself? It wasn't necessary. Please keep me and Aditi safe from this guy, I prayed. He's no one... right?

Stay tuned for more! I know things are getting interesting now, and they're only going to get better. 

Don't forget to vote and comment—I'd love to hear your thoughts! ❤️😘