Chapter 4: Do I Like Him?

This song perfectly matches the mood, so make sure you listen to it while reading. It's awesome! ❤️

Happy reading, lovelies...

Don't forget to vote and comment!

I arrived home with the biggest smile plastered on my face. So much so that even my mom noticed and stopped me in my tracks.
"Go change quickly and come down for dinner, Maya."
Thankfully, she didn't ask why I was grinning like a fool.

I hurried into my room, closed the door, and collapsed onto my bed. The room was eerily quiet, except for the loud thumping of my heart. What is happening to me? I pressed my hand to my chest, feeling the rapid beat. Do I... like him?

My face heated up again as I remembered Aditya's smile, his voice... the way he looked at me. I like him... a lot. I couldn't deny it anymore. He's so sweet to me, and honestly, he doesn't seem like a bad guy at all. What if... what if he likes me too? I thought, almost panicking at the idea. God, I'm going to go mad.

Just as I was getting lost in my daydreams again, a knock at the door snapped me back to reality. I tried to compose myself before opening it.

"Come down quickly, beta," my mom called.

"Yes, Mom. I'll be there in five minutes."

I changed into my comfy clothes and headed downstairs. Just as I was about to step into the dining room, I felt a familiar tap on my shoulder. I turned around with a huge smile, knowing exactly who it was.

"Papa!" I screamed, throwing my arms around him in the tightest hug.
"I missed you so much! You left your princess all alone with Mom... didn't you miss us?" I pouted, still holding onto him.

"Aww, my princess, of course, I missed you—and my beautiful wife too," he said, kissing me on the forehead.

"Many, many happy returns of the day, my princess. Happy birthday!" he said, pulling out a small gift box.
My eyes lit up. "You got me a present?!"

Without wasting a second, I ripped open the wrapping (yes, I'm very impatient 😅), revealing a beautiful wristwatch inside.

"Papa, this is so gorgeous!" I gasped, my eyes glued to the watch. "I love it! And I love you so much, you're the best!" I kissed him on the cheek, but then quickly added, "But I'm also mad at you!"

He raised an eyebrow in confusion.
"What did I do wrong?" he asked, his voice full of concern.

"You didn't call me in ten days! That's what!" I said, pouting again.

He chuckled and pulled me into another hug. "I'm so sorry, my darling. Forgive your papa?"

His smile melted me instantly. "Apology accepted," I replied, and we both burst out laughing.

"Now, I have a present for your mother too," he said, pulling out another beautifully wrapped box. He handed it to my mom, then—being the romantic that he is—knelt down and kissed her hand. My mom blushed, just like a teenager.

She opened the box to find a stunning dress and, of course, her favorite: a box full of chocolates. My mom is absolutely obsessed with chocolates, and my dad knows her all too well. Watching them, I couldn't help but smile. They love each other so much, and I adore their bond.

Sometimes, I pray to God to bless me with a husband like my father—someone who would love me deeply and endlessly, someone who would do anything for me. I'm not the kind of girl who sees men as an ATM machines. No. I believe that if you want to be treated like a queen 👸, you should treat your partner like a king 🤴. And I'm willing to wait for the right person, the right time, before starting a relationship.

"Let's have dinner. I'm starving!" my father said, breaking the sweet moment.

We sat down for dinner, our conversations full of laughter and love. Dad asked about college and my studies, and I told him everything was going well.

After dinner, I went back to my room, feeling content and at peace. Surprisingly, I didn't think about Aditya again that night. I fell asleep quickly, drifting off with a smile, thankful for my family and the love that surrounded me.

Thanks for reading! Things are getting interesting... Don't forget to comment and vote! ❤️😘