Chapter 10: Dinner Date

It's been a month since Aditya and I started dating, and I have never felt so happy. He always makes time for me—whether through sweet texts or our park meetups. He truly is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Tomorrow, Aditya will graduate and get his degree. I couldn't be more proud of him—he's doing so well in his studies. He even asked me to join him at the graduation ceremony, which made me feel special. I love that he's giving me priority in his life.

Rohan is also graduating, which means Aditi will be sitting with me in the audience. Yesterday, she was in tears, hugging me tightly. Her love, Rohan, would be leaving college after graduation, and that thought left her feeling down. Of course, I was sad too—after all, Aditya will be leaving college soon as well. But I tried to stay strong. Rohan reassured Aditi that he'd visit her often, but my crybaby best friend was still upset. Rohan planned a date to lift her mood—so sweet, right? They really love each other, and I hope their relationship lasts forever.

As I was lost in these thoughts, my phone rang. A smile crept onto my face when I saw the caller ID. It was Aditya.

I answered the call, greeted by his beautiful voice. "Maya, um... I wanted to ask you something." He sounded nervous.

"Yes, my love, what is it?" I asked, curious.

"Will you go on a date with me?" He blurted out, as if trying to get the words out quickly.

I could feel my heart skip a beat. "Is this our actual date?" I asked, grinning widely.

"Yes! Our first real date. Please say yes," he said, sounding like an excited child.

I couldn't help but laugh at his innocence. "Yes," I replied.

"Did I hear that right? You said yes?" He asked, his voice filled with excitement.

"Yes, we'll go on a date after your graduation ceremony," I confirmed, still smiling.

"Thank you, baby," he said, making my heart flutter.

"What should I wear?" I teased.

"Whatever you want. You look beautiful in anything," he replied, his voice soft and loving.

"Okay, what color should I choose?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Green, maybe," he suggested.

"Thank you, darling. See you soon."

The Next Day:

I woke up on time, got dressed in my green outfit, and left for the college with Aditi. The graduation ceremony was about to begin, but I didn't get a chance to meet Aditya beforehand.

We took our seats in the audience, and after 30 minutes of waiting, the ceremony finally started. They were giving speeches—boring ones, to be honest. I wasn't here for that. I was only interested in seeing Aditya receive his degree.

"Aditi, listen," I said nervously.

"Tell me, darling," she replied, turning toward me.

"Aditya is taking me on a date after the ceremony," I whispered, smiling.

"Wow! What a surprise! The girl who never even wanted a boyfriend is going on a date!" she shouted in excitement, loud enough for others around us to hear. I gave her a look to keep it down, but she was beaming.

After what felt like ages, the moment I had been waiting for arrived. "Mr. Aditya Chopra," the host announced, and I perked up immediately.

Aditya walked onto the stage with a confident smile on his face, and when he looked at me, he gave me a quick smile. I smiled back, feeling butterflies in my stomach. He received his certificate, followed by Rohan, and I couldn't have been prouder of both of them. I even managed to snap a few pictures.

When they were done, they came over to us, and I hugged Aditya tightly. I had missed him so much. We all talked for a while before Rohan whisked Aditi away for their date. It was finally my turn. Aditya led me to a five-star hotel where he had already made a reservation. He was such a sweet guy.

We took our seats, ordered food and drinks, and chatted while waiting. "Are you happy?" Aditya asked me.

"No, I'm the happiest girl in the world!" I said, beaming.

He chuckled at my excitement.

When our food arrived, we enjoyed our meal while talking about random things. Once we finished, I suggested going for a long walk.

"So, starting your job tomorrow?" I asked as we walked hand in hand.

"Yeah," he replied casually.

"I'm focusing on my lectures. Once I graduate, I'll be able to work at my dad's friend's company," I said, sharing my future plans.

Aditya dramatically placed both hands on his chest. "Oh no, you've broken my heart!" he exclaimed, pretending to be hurt.

I laughed at his playful reaction.

Suddenly, without thinking, I said, "I love you, Aditya."

For a moment, he became quiet. I couldn't read his expression, and for the first time, I felt unsure.

"Promise me you'll never leave me," I said softly, trying to pull him back into the moment.

"Y-Yes, my darling. I love you too, and I'll never leave you," he replied, pulling me into a tight hug. I buried my face into his chest, holding him close.

After a while, he tensed up slightly and looked into my eyes. I couldn't meet his gaze, feeling a little shy. Then his eyes moved to my lips, and before I could even react, he leaned in and kissed me.

It was my first kiss. I felt butterflies in my stomach, and I kissed him back, losing myself in the moment. After a few seconds, I gently pushed him back, gasping for air.

"You're a good kisser," he teased, making me blush.

It was my first kiss, and I had shared it with the love of my life. To avoid any awkwardness, I asked him, "Will you still visit me at college after you start working?"

"Of course, whenever I can," he replied, lifting my spirits. But deep down, I already missed the thought of having him around every day.

We spent a little more time together before he dropped me off at home. Today had been the best day of my life. As I touched my lips, I smiled, still feeling the memory of our kiss lingering.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Stay healthy and safe 💐❤️