Chapter 8: Valentine's Week

Days passed, and now it felt like Aditya and I were inseparable. Wherever he was, I was, and people in the college had started to notice. Of course, that meant we became the center of all the gossip. But honestly, I didn't care. People will always find something or someone to talk about, and eventually, they'll move on.

Tomorrow marked the beginning of Valentine's Week, and I couldn't help but wonder if my life had any surprises in store. The first day of the week was Rose Day.

When I walked into the college that morning, I noticed students decorating the hallways with roses. That's when I found out there would be celebrations all week for Valentine's Day, something I hadn't expected.

As I made my way through the crowd, I spotted Aditya with his group of friends. My heart did a little flip, but I missed Aditi. She had texted me earlier, saying she was running late because she wanted to pick up a special rose for Rohan. I smiled at the thought.

Rohan, on the other hand, was searching for her. He came over to me, holding a single red rose in his hand. "Have you seen Aditi?" he asked, slightly anxious.

I was about to respond when I saw Aditi approaching from behind. Turning around, I immediately hugged her. "I missed you so much!" I said, genuinely happy to see her.

"Me too, darling," she replied, squeezing me back, then turned to face Rohan.

"Happy Rose Day, my love," Rohan said, presenting Aditi with the red rose.

"Happy Rose Day, baby," she responded, pulling out her own rose, which she had been hiding behind her back. Without hesitation, she leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.

Fearless as ever. That was Aditi.

I laughed softly as Rohan blushed—yes, boys do blush too. I could see how much they loved each other, and it made me so happy. "Love is definitely in the air," I teased, making both of them blush harder. "Well, enjoy, lovebirds! But I have a question... are there any lectures today?"

"The first one is canceled because of Valentine's Week. The second one starts soon," Rohan answered.

"Great! I'll leave you two alone then," I said, stepping away to give them some space.

As I walked past Aditya, he gave me a smile. I returned it, but only half-heartedly. I was disappointed. I had expected something, maybe even a rose from him. But no, nothing. Maybe he had lost interest in me because I took too long to respond to his feelings. My heart felt heavy, like it might break. I was falling for him, and I couldn't bear the thought that he might be pulling away.

But I didn't cry. I held myself together and went to class, where Aditi joined me. We sat through the lecture, though my mind was elsewhere. I couldn't focus, not when my heart felt so uncertain.

After the lecture, I got a call from Aditya. I didn't want to meet him, not when I felt so down, but I went anyway. Aditi had already left with Rohan for lunch, so I had no excuse.

He asked me to meet him at the park near our college. I arrived, but at first, I didn't see him anywhere. I was about to leave when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I saw something that made my heart skip a beat—a giant bouquet of red roses.

There was a handwritten note attached to it:

"Dear Maya,
Hope you liked my small token of love for you.
Happy Rose Day, my darling.
With love,
Only yours, Aditya."

A smile spread across my face as I read the note. I looked around, trying to find him, and that's when he appeared behind me. Without thinking, I threw my arms around him and hugged him as tightly as I could. "Thank you," I whispered into his ear.

In an instant, all my worries melted away. I was so happy, my heart felt lighter than air.

Aditya chuckled, "Where's my rose?" he asked teasingly.

I laughed, "How was I supposed to know you were going to give me roses? Besides, we're not even in a relationship," I teased back, though my heart was racing.

"Then I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow," he said with a mysterious grin before walking away, leaving me wondering what he had planned next.

The bouquet was enormous, way too big to take home without raising questions from my parents. I didn't want them to find out and make things complicated, so I decided to leave the bouquet in the park. I plucked a single rose for myself, along with the handwritten note, and tucked both into my bag as a memory.

Then, with a heart full of joy, I headed home, smiling all the way.

Don't forget to vote and comment, lovelies! ❤️Wishing you all love and happiness!

Stay safe and healthy! 💐❤️