Chapter Five

It was 1924, I was at work enjoying my time spreading my joy over the radio. When a package came in, a bouquet of red roses. Knowing that they were from my beloved, my smile widened. But I did find it odd, it was random. She has sent flowers before but those were for my birthday or our anniversary. These were random, it wasn't until I read the small note hidden in the flowers that I rushed out of the building. My coworkers confused as they watched me running away. Going down the street at high speed, heading straight home. Bursting through the door, scaring the cats that sat on the windowsill. Searching for her to ask if it was true. Finding her in the backyard, sitting on the bench that rested in front of the rose wall. She was reading a book with a small radio on the small table next to her. She looked up and gave me a gentle smile, the look in her eyes told me what I wanted to know. Dropping to my knees at her legs, reaching out a shaking hand until it land on the area of excitement. She looked down at me as I looked up, she nodded her head.

My beloved wife was pregnant.
I was going to be a father.

(I know it's different but I couldn't find the original picture)

For the whole week after finding out the news was a happy week. I was absorbed in absolute bliss, my coworkers gave my their congratulations. Some of the men even brought some gifts for the baby. One of the spare rooms at the house was being redesigned to suit the babies needs. I could hear her softly humming as she paint the walls, painting a forest. Gorgeous trees hinted with some animals, she was a perfectionist to details as well. She could spend hours working on the room. Everything we needed for the baby was bought or was given to us by our neighbors or my coworkers families. We held a baby shower to honor our first child, gifts were given and we both were in complete bliss.

October 30, 1925 was the day my wife was sent into labor. I was at work at the time and received the call, I immediately left to be by her side. She was laying on the bed waiting for me. Taking her hand, she looked in pain and that became more clear when she had an contraction and nearly broke my hand. It was close to midnight when she was finally really pushing our child out. She pushed and pushed until at last at the stroke of midnight on October 31, our son let our his first cry.

I cried when I was first able to hold my son, he was so tiny. A little thing, he had his mother's eyes and my original red hair. He loved being held by his mother, in fact he craved her warm touch the most. I didn't take offense by that, it was natural that he would want her right now. I kissed her head and our sons.

"You did it my love, you brought our son into the world." I whispered to her as I watched our son melt into his mother's chest. I had asked her to name our son, she was a little shocked by that but accepted the honor none the less. She name in Alastor Jr or AJ for short. He was a tiny version of myself.

Bring our son home was nerve wracking

Bring our son home was nerve wracking. If he moved a little I would freak out, my beloved would reinsurer me that he was fine. If someone would get to close I was wedged my way in between them. Keeping anything dangerous away from my family. I will absolutely not allow any danger to approach my family. Watching my son grow happened over night, soon he was sitting up on his own and speaking baby babble, it was so cute. Now he is walking, well stumbling. He even walked to me, once he made it to me I picked him up and kissed his cheeks. My wife smiled at me, completely consumed with joy at the sight. AJ was now four years old, he is joined to his mother at her hips. Where she went, he would follow. I had thought about AJ's mind when it happened, I thought I had messed up as his father when he saw it.

My beloved and AJ were supposed to be at the park so I was going to finish up my hunt from the night before then quickly clean up

My beloved and AJ were supposed to be at the park so I was going to finish up my hunt from the night before then quickly clean up. I thought I was going to be alone, I had the radio playing a jazzy tone. My hunt was screaming into the rope that was tied around her mouth as I was sawing her body apart. I was humming and all without noticing the basement door slowly opening. I had finish playing with my families food when I turned off the radio, when I did I heard a small gasp. Looking to the stairs I see my four year old son on the steps, watching me with wide eyes and a scared look on his face. Before I could say or move towards him, he ran away. I rushed after him but he moves fast for his age. Just as I passed by the front door, my beloved came rushing in. She asked me frantically if AJ had come home, she couldn't find him at the park. The look on my face must had sent her into mother mode because she came right into my face with the purest look of fear in her eyes.

"Where is he?" Her voice laced with panic towards me. I started shaking as I fell to the floor.

"He saw me. He saw me kill." Was all i could say to her through the tears. She kneeled down and held me close to her, she know what it meant.

"Let me talk to him."

Nodding my head, she moved to the comforter as she went upstairs. I couldn't hear anything so it felt like years had passed until I heard her heels coming down the steps. She was holding AJ in her arms, his head nestled in her neck. He wasn't looking at me, she eyed me then moved towards the basement, this confused me. I slowly rose up and followed her, she walked down the steps minding her footing. She set him down on the ground and had him look at the dead body on the metal table.

"This is what your father and myself do to provide and protect our family. Doesn't mean you have to, but you must promise to keep your family safe. Understand?"

He nodded at her then looked back at me, I stood at the top of the stairs without saying a word. My son rushed up the steps and hugged my legs, I scooped him up, hugging him tightly. I don't know what she said to him but I hoped everything was going to be okay.