Last Story of DahMo

Stay By My Side II

Dahyun and Momo heard an explosion at the other side of the place which made Dahyun's heart beats faster and her hands became cold.

She immediately stood up ready to run to check her mother's being but was abruptly stopped when a hand held her wrist, she turned just to see an anxious Momo looking helplessly at her.

Dahyun was torn between helping the girl and checking her mom, but she then chose the latter, yet pulling something in her pocket and giving it to the older.

"Here, take my phone. Call the police and report your foster parents or you can scroll through my contacts and find a name Im Nayeon, her father is the police, she would help you just say my name. I really need to go, I'm sorry."

Momo looked at the phone before looking back at the girl but she was now meters away from her, "Wait!" She shouted, "You didn't ask my name.." Momo whispered.

Dahyun found herself baffled by the number of people who were injured. She ran and ran to find her mom, she went to the place where there were a lot of bodies lying flat on the floor just to feel her heart sank when she saw a familiar figure full of blood.

"Mom! Mom wakes up, please. Don't leave me here alone! Mommy..." Dahyun cried as she rocked her mom's bloody body, trying to wake her up

Cries. Screams. Noises. Blood filled the place as she roams her eyes around trying to search for help. There were already police and ambulance carrying the bodies through stretchers but no one's coming to her side.

She felt her mom's bloody hands on her cheeks that made her look at the woman, "Da-hyun, I-I'm sorry. I think.. my time.. has come. Live with your brother.. I.. Love..--"

Dahyun looked horrified when her mom's hand suddenly fell and her eyes were already closed, "Mom? Mom! No, please open your eyes, hold on a little longer. Help! Please help, my mom!"

A group of paramedics came, pulling her away from her mother and checking the woman's pulse, her clothes were stained with blood, her face with tears, her heart became numb, she became emotionless.

"She's dead."

/

"Dahyun? Shhh. Stop crying. I'm sorry. I'm here." She felt a hug on her side and that's when she realized that she's still with Momo and she's crying.

"A-ah, I have to go." She wiped her tears and freed herself to the older, gathering her things before forcing her way out of the school's garden.

You're a fool, Dahyun! She said to herself.

It's her first time letting someone sees her vulnerable side. She built those walls and facade to not experience what she had experienced before, losing someone she loves, she couldn't bear to live again when her mom died, she couldn't eat properly, she blames herself for leaving her mom alone, she should have protected her or should have been at least with her by now.

I should really stay away from her.

She went home and locked herself in her room, grabbing the picture of her mom, and for the first time again in three years, she lets herself mourn for her until she fell asleep.

The next morning, Momo is still following her, walking with her but she isn't saying anything, she's just beside Dahyun.

Dahyun was confused, not in her memory she thought of saving someone, even though she remembered her, the girl who was crying and full of bruises, but she left her to see her mom, how come she saved Momo? That doesn't make any sense for her.