Day 14

Day fourteen started with Xenia spending almost an hour on her bed after waking up. Social Media was her first choice however soon all the new posts were over. She scrolled through the old posts for some time then kept her phone aside. Her parents were awake however were in their room and her brother did not have a meeting and would not wake up until afternoon reaches its end. Sitting alone quietly her mind started to wander and soon her thoughts landed on the previous night. It was a pleasant evening despite it being filled with darkness. A slideshow of the events started playing in her mind.

After her brother had received a video call from his friends, Xenia found it uncomfortable to stay. However, she stayed. She did not wish to join her parents and standing anywhere else would rise speculations or seem rude. Hence, she stayed glued. After five minutes, however, her mother asked her to get some water for them. Nodding her head she did what was asked. She brought two water bottles and two glasses.

"Did you close the window?" Her mother asked her.

She nodded and handed the bottles to her father. He smiled before motioning towards the terrace of one of their neighbours. "What is their daughter's name? She is in your class?"

"No. She is younger than me."

"Really? Wasn't she in your class in school?"

"She was not in my school. They recently moved here."

"Oh. Then who was in your class?"

"Pragya. That's not her house. She lives there." Xenia pointed towards another house.

"Oh okay. I always get confused. She was your enemy, right? You both had issues or something."

"We never fought."

"But you did not like her, right?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing. Saw her brother the other day. What is the matter with him?"

"He is." She frowned, being careful of her word. "Different. Weird. A little bit." She briefly looked at Maier to see his reaction.

"He was acting odd. Why was he roaming outside? He should be home."

"His parents pay no attention at him," Xenia said.

"Their parents pay no attention to their children. They should know what they are doing." Xenia frowned at her mother's reaction. She was aware that their children were doing 'stuff ' but how her mother was aware she had no clue. "Sit," Her father motioned towards a chair. She shook her head and stayed standing. "What does your brother do?" Her mother asked Maier.

"He has a small business of his own."

"That is nice. He is married, right? How many children does he have?"

"He has a son. And is expecting another."

"Oh, congratulations. What is it? There you can find out the gender, right?"

"It's a girl."

"Perfect. It must be difficult in such a situation. How is your sister in law doing? Which month is she due?"

"She is fine. She is due in three weeks."

"Three weeks! Oh My. I pray things to get better by then."

"Hopefully it will. Hospital is not very far from home so that is a good thing."

"Yeah, but hospitals are at the highest risk these days."