The Game (Chapter 1)

I finally finished high school and got $200 for getting all A's for my last year of high school. I love spending money on useless crap, but today, I wanted to buy a specific game for my PS4. It doesn't have many games, plus it had PSVR (PlayStation Virtual Reality), so I just needed the game. I got up from the couch and walked over to my purse. I grabbed my wallet and put it in the small pocket on the side. I zipped it up and walked out the door. My rich uncle decided to give me a house to stay in, because I go to online school, and I hate brick and mortar schools. I also live alone. I opened the car door and sat down in the leather seat. I stuck in my keys and started the car. I waited for the car to warm up and backed out of the driveway. As I went to GameStop, I turned on the radio, and put some quiet music on. I tapped my finger to the beat, as the calm music filled my head. When I got there, I shut down the car, got out, and shut the door. I walked up to the door. I walked in and greeted the employee.

"Good Afternoon, sir!" I say, politely. 

The employee looks at me and smiles.

"Hello, ma'am! What brings you here today?"

I walk up to the counter and say, "Do you by any chance have the Five Nights At Freddy's: Help Wanted for PS4?"

He looks down at the counter, thinks for a minute, then mumbles something. He reaches behind him in a box, and pulled out the game. He hands it to me, and I take it.

"I would be careful with that copy of the game. The person who returned it said it was bugged" 

I looked at the game, then back at him.

"Will do! How much will it be?"

"Since the copy has already been bought, and found potential problems, it has been marked down to $10 instead of $30."

I nod and pull my wallet out of the small pocket. I unzip the wallet, and grab a $10 bill and hand it to him. He takes my money and opens his cash register. He slips the money in, and says, Is that all you needed ma'am?"

"Yes, and thank you for the warning!" I say as I wave goodbye. He turns to leave the counter as I exit the building, sliding the game into an empty pocket of my purse. I unlock the car and open the door. I sat in one of the seats as I closed the door and sighed. I pulled the game out, and said, "Problems, huh? We'll see" I set it down next to me and I insert the keys into the ignition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A FEW HOURS LATER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I booted up the PS4 and loaded the PSVR headset. I finally got the dang thing to turn on. I pulled the game open and took the disc out carefully. I turned the disc around to clean it, and there was a name on it.

"Jeremy. Interesting" I said as I cleaned the back of the disc. I inserted the disc into the PS4, and the game immediately booted up. The beginning title screen played while I rushed to get the headset and controllers on. When I finally got them on, I was on a screen with Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie the Bunny, and Chica The Chicken all on the stage looking down at me.

Where's Foxy?!  I think, distressed. I look around, and he was behind me, staring straight into my innocent little eyes.

Is that normal?  I ask myself. I press 'New Game' and it brings me to this bright white screen. I'm in a roller coaster cart that looks like Freddy. I manage to skip it but stops me at the door at the end of the ride. There is a voice telling me to agree to a waiver, and the waiver pops up like a hologram. The words on the waiver go really fast and I can't read them. The voice continues to speak, and I notice a shiny, purple cassette tape lying on the rail next to the cart, and I can't help but go to pick it up. As soon as I touch it though, it disappears in an instant. It makes a noise, and I assume I grabbed it. When I looked back at the waiver, there was an 'Agree' button. I pressed it.

What have I got myself into?! I thought nervously.

"You may experience a digital consciousness transference along the way" (something along those lines)

"What?!" I blurt loudly. The coaster disappears and goes black. The screen comes on to a long party table with a huge monitor. On the table, were buttons that said, 'Showtime', 'Prize Corner', and 'Replay Title'. I shuddered. I don't want to replay that again. I turn around to a beautiful sight. The whole room is decorated for a kid's birthday party. Party hats lining the tables, balloons strung in every corner of the room, and a Prize Corner in the back, filled with all sorts of goodies and toys. I press the button on the table that said, 'Prize Corner' and my screen went black. I appear at the Prize Corner, and I must say! This is a lot of stuff! I looked into the glass covering candy bars, chip bags, and drinks. Another purple glowing cassette tape sits in the middle of the junk food. I go to grab it again, and it disappears again. I look around the Prize Counter to see if there were any more tapes. Sure enough, there was one hiding in the gumball machine to my right.

Maybe I'll have use for these later. . .

I went back to the big monitor and was about to look through the games until a loud alarm was heard. It didn't sound like it was in the game. Then I realized, I've been playing this game for half an hour already, and I totally forgot about dinner. I quit the game and pulled the sweaty headset from my face. I wiped messy strands of hair from my face to the sides of my head. I set the headset down on the PS4 and dismissed my alarm.

"Time to take a break!" I said, to no one. 

I grabbed my phone from off the couch and walked to the kitchen. I opened the freezer and was disappointed to find nothing to eat. 

"Ugh! Fine! I'll just order Red Robin"

I went on my phone and looked up the number for the restaurant. I called the number and ordered my food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP TO WHERE YOU ACTUALLY GET THE FOOD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The doorbell rang, and a young delivery boy was at the door.

"Mmmm yummy food's here," I say as I grab the bag of food from the boy. I set it on the counter, and run back to the door to give the boy his money.

"That'll be $24.96. Thank you" He says as I hand him the correct amount of money. 

"Here's another dollar for a tip!" I say sweetly.

He thanks me again, and walked back to his car, and drove off. I ran back inside and shut and locked my door. 

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!  I scream to myself in my mind as I'm running to get to the counter. I practically rip apart the bag to get to the grilled cheese sandwich inside. I take a huge ol' 'Heavy nom' out of the grilled cheese and feel the cheesy goodness in my mouth. The soft, golden-brown bread with the gooey cheese, AH, IT'S SO GOOD. Once I'm finished with my sandwich, I made sure that the TV was off, and walked upstairs, turning all of the lights off on the way up. I changed into my favorite PJs and crawled into the warmth of my blanket, and the cold winter of my pillow. I soon fell asleep. 

Tomorrow is another day. . .

(This is one of the many stories I will soon create to be really detailed and thorough. This part only has 1,349 words! I'm really proud of this! )