A Date and a Knife

K.K. stood outside his camper as he was quietly puffing away on a cigarette. He checked the time and saw that it was half-past six. He let out a sigh, his date with Isabelle started at seven, and needless to say, he was terrified. 

"Shouldn't you be getting ready?" Shrunk asked as he exited the camper. K.K. smiled and shrugged.

"I will soon, just needed some fresh air," K.K. said. Shrunks faced scrunched up at the smell of smoke and let out a sigh.

"You're not really making the air very 'fresh'," Shrunk stated sarcastically. K.K. groaned.

"Oh come on, don't tell me that now you're starting to have a problem with me smoking too. It's not that big of a deal," K.K. said before taking another puff from his cigarette. 

"Well I mean it kinda is a big deal," Said Shrunk, "It could take a few years out of your life." 

"Yeah well, maybe that wouldn't be so bad," K.K. joked. Shrunk looked at K.K. with a stern face. "I'm kidding," K.K. said. Shrunk rolled his eyes.

"Well it's not funny," Shrunk said before he went back inside the camper leaving K.K. alone outside. Totakeke let out a sigh before he put out his cigarette. Shrunk was right, he should be getting ready for his date. 

K.K. went inside the camper and looked through his clothes. He wanted to look nice of course, but as he went through his clothes he noticed that he didn't own many 'nice' outfits. So he just decided to wear some nice jeans and a slim blue button-down shirt. When he was done changing, K.K. walked over to the mirror to see how he looked.

"You look fine, you're gonna be fine," K.K. whispered to himself. 

"Nice, looking good Totakeke," Shrunk said. K.K. turned around and smiled at him.

"Thanks, man. You gonna be okay while I'm gone?" K.K. asked. Shrunk chuckled.

"I'll be fine, probably explore this town a little more since we'll be staying here for a while. Go have fun with your girlfriend." Shrunk said. 

"She's not really my girlfriend Shrunk." 

"She might as well be," Shrunk joked. K.K. chuckled and shook his head. This was their first date, it didn't really mean anything yet. Did it? K.K. tried not to think about it too much. Instead, he just grabbed his wallet and jacket before making his way out the door.

~~~~

Isabelle smiled at herself in the mirror wearing her new green dress and a cute green bow in her hair. She was very excited about her date. Something she always dreamed would happen was finally coming to fruition. Isabelle gave one last good look at herself before she left her room and went to the kitchen. Digby looked at her as she walked in and smiled.

"You look nice," Digby said, sitting at the kitchen table. Isabelle looked at her brother and smiled back.

"Thanks, Digby. I hope K.K. thinks so too," She said looking down at her dress. Digby didn't respond. He just looked at his sister and then down at the table biting his lip.

"Digby, are you...mad at me?" Isabelle asked concerned. Digby looked up at his sister and sighed.

"I'm not..mad at you Izzy. I'm just concerned that's all." He said. Isabelle looked at her brother confused and took a seat across from him at the table.

"Why are you concerned?" She asked.

"It's just, I know you like K.K., it was obvious that you did ever since we were pups but..." Digby trailed off. He didn't want to make Isabelle sad or angry at him, he just wanted to look out for her. Digby took a deep breath before he continued.