Chapter 6

The Jeep parked in the Rossi's entrance. Adrien had to go back to school to get Lucas, who stayed behind to pick up his gear and shower, so they could celebrate victory with the team.

"Are you sure you'll be okay, Belle?". Adrien's concern was laced in his voice.

"Yeah, don't worry. I'll be in College next year... I need to learn how to stand on my own", I assured him.

"At least you'll have company tonight...", he pointed to Victoria's back, who was key-hunting in the flower pots, ready to get inside, uninvited.

"Yeah...", a fit of giggles escaped my mouth when she finally opened the door and got herself in like it was her own house. I have zero chances to be gloomy tonight.

"I'm happy for you, Belle. Not that I envy you or anything...", he laughed. "She seems like a handful."

"Oh, she is. Ask Dante...", I full on laughed out loud.

"You seem to be built to deal with intense people...", Adrien chuckled. "But don't worry, I'll put up with 'sunshine boy' tonight. You deserve a break."

"Well, thank you! But I have to admit, sometimes it's fun. Specially when he goes into regression mode and thinks he's an elementary school kid..."

"Oh, no... He didn't...", Adrien groaned and I laughed harder. "How did I miss that?! He went to the swings? Or was it the Skating park...?"

"Both..."

Adrien dragged his hand through his hair and face, laughing. Drunk Lucas could be really funny in the right mood.

"You'll know all about it by the end of the night. Thomas and Jason tell the story to anyone willing to hear it."

"Well, now I'll have something to look forward to this night, besides dragging his sorry ass home."

"Have fun, Adrien. Call me if he gets too difficult."

"I'll deal with it, don't worry. Sleep tight, Bells."

I watched the tail lights of his car until it was a smudge on the road, thinking. Every memory that came to mind had at least one Rossi in it. I suppose you could say they were my family. And even if my crushes will never reach a happy ending, and that was sad, I was even glad they didn't. That way we could keep each other for life, in a way.

"God, I'm so proud of you!", Vic said, hugging me to her side. "You've handled things so well tonight..."

"Why, thank you! Think I can join the sane side of the population now?"

"Lets not hurry on that one, hun..." We laughed, getting into the house.

There was some leftover chicken pie in the fridge, so I heated it up and we sat in front of the TV in the living room, with our plates.

"You know, Belle... Every time you said Lucas helped you through your episodes, I had this image of him patting your head, or something...", she stated. "But what I've seen today... Damn!"

"What do you mean?", I questioned. "It's not like he was giving his life in a bottle, Vic... He holds me for a while..."

I didn't felt like telling her all the other embarrassing things. She'd probably make a huge deal out of it.

"That was not holding, Babe. You were soul-fucking each other back there... It was so hot! He knew exactly what to do and where you were, and came running after you even when his team was still celebrating in the field. He bailed in his own canonization as the town's saint to get to you."