Chapter 2

A piercing wail filled my ears and, as I opened my eyes once more, I realised I was born for the second time in my life.

This time I was born to Euphemia and Fleamont Potter, twin sister to James Fleamont Potter. My name in this life was surprisingly the same, Elisabeth Eurus, with the exception of my last name, changing from Holmes to Potter. 

Although I had frequent nightmares, thanks to my retained memory and knowledge, nobody found out what caused them or what they were about. The only thing in this life I could not stand was water, but, that was understandable.

"You're going to miss the waffles." A monotonous voice said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Shut up, Sherlock." I snapped, opening my eyes to see my brother standing there with a smirk plastered on his face as he leant against my wardrobe. While I knew he was in my head, I found comfort in his presence, however annoying it may be.

I walked to the kitchen, rather quickly though if you were to ask me, I would deny it, and summoned a plate filled with waffles to my hand, plopping myself on the couch as I did so.

Another thing about this life that differed from my old, apart from the obvious fact, was that this life was filled with magic. I was a witch, something good in this life, apparently, with a magical family and I was to go to a magical school on September first, 1971. We, being my twin and I, still hadn't gotten our school supplies from Diagon Alley, a street filled with magical stores. We had a week before we had to board the train that left to the school so when our father had an appointment in Diagon Alley, we accompanied him, taking our school list of supplies with us.